Transformers repainting and modding thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my WIP on leader class Prime. I figured since the premium edition Buster Prime is gonna be out, might as well scuff this one up real bad like he'd been in a fight. More pics to come.

Enjoy =)

Very awesome dude!!! :rock :rock :rock

This figure will most likely be my next custom project too!

Love the look of him so far! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished piece!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

I'm getting the TF2 Leader Optimus and was wondering what other TF2 bots are in scale with that Optimus?

To scale with optimus roughly:

Leader:
Megatron
Jetfire(technically too small still even as a leader but he combines with prime and is worth it)
Starscream(when he comes out)

Voyager:
Ratchet
Ironhide

Deluxe:
Bumblebee
Skids
Mudflap
Sideswipe
Sideways
Barricade

If you go with any TF1 figures, you can get slightly different versions of above characters or ones that aren't around in TF2 stuff like Leader Brawl(Tank, great figure) and Deluxe Jazz.

Generally it goes large guys like optimus at leader scale, you go with medium guys like ironhide at voyager, small size guys like bumblebee at deluxe.

Problem is while you'll be able to assemble a complete group of Autobots in proper scale, decepticons are impossible to get in compatible scales, because most are done in either deluxe or voyager, and even then are technically too small for pretty much all of them with the exception of barricade and sideways.

I know theres constructicons out in both voyager and deluxe modes, but these are all too small in scale with other figures to be accurate, same goes for the voyager Fallen.

Just look carefully and use your common sense, you see a tank in a package and its the same size as bumblebee, probably not gonna work.

Voila, bought a Leader Megatron, a Voyager Ironhide and a Deluxe Bumblebee. They look good, but could definitely use a custom paintjob.

Man, it's been a while since I bought any Transformer toys; these things are hard to transform! :banghead :lol

Hi guys, here's a full shot of my ROTF Prime

SDC10786.jpg

Still long way off, 50% done!

Hi guys, here's a full shot of my ROTF Prime

SDC10786.jpg

Still long way off, 50% done!

That looks way cool.
Do you mind telling me what you did first?
The silver base-coat and then a black-wash, or black base-coat, and then add some silver dry-brushing?

I'm not sure which color I should start with first.

That looks way cool.
Do you mind telling me what you did first?
The silver base-coat and then a black-wash, or black base-coat, and then add some silver dry-brushing?

I'm not sure which color I should start with first.

Oh God! It's been so long since I visited the thread.
Well, I use a black base coat (Gloss) then drybrush a variety of silvers starting with gunmetal, aluminium and finally chrome silver.

Here are more pics for you all!
Enjoy

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

A hot knife and plenty of guts and imagination.

OMG Clarenced, that looks amazing!!! :rock

The broken windshields and the deep scratches are really cool!!!
He really is Battle-Damaged now!!!

Great work! :)

how did you modify jetfire? Does he still transform and all that?

He still transforms, I decided to remove the arm kibble, and the thrusters, but I haven't exactly figured out a way to make the thrusters snap on though. Arm kibble snaps on and off.

clarenced,
Great work on the battle damaged Prime & Jetfire looks good too!

Back