TPM Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunohc said:
thanks for the comlpiments guys!
Im flattered indeed!

I've sent an email to my caster and so I hpoe also , this can turn into some castings.
THe casting might get a bit complicated with the extra braid casting and maybe even the mini-ponytail on the back will be a separate casting…
1.Indiana Fett 2.Irish Jedi 3.hairlesswookie 4.mfoga 5.Anzik Hayes 6.Customikey 7.BrooklynWolf X 8.pickard 9.darthneil 10. the angry orc 11.qrest fourstar 12. abstractharmony 13.thundergod 14.memnoch21 15.nash? 16.cowboy 17.roguejedi30
18. 19. 20.
is 20 a good run for this?
Please just post here and tell me if you’d like to be added or excluded from this list. I just went back through this thread and put whoever posted or implied they wanted one  heh heh…
If that really is the list above, then the price for each head would be $30 shipped I’m supposing (which includes the separate braid, etc.)

great work! i have always eyed that little pic of him in your banner :)
im in for 2 heads as well

Wow, thanks for the support on this head. I was about to hide him away for ever lol :lol
The list so far
1.Indiana Fett | 2.Irish Jedi | 3.hairlesswookie | 4.mfoga | 5.Anzik Hayes | 6.Customikey | 7.BrooklynWolf X | 8.BrooklynWolf X | 9.pickard | 10.darthneil | 11. the angry orc | 12.qrest fourstar | 13. abstractharmony | 14.thundergod | 15.memnoch21 | 16.nash? | 17.cowboy | 18.roguejedi30 | 19. drjedisith | 20. drjedisith | 21. | 22. | 23. | 24. | 25. |

I guess it'll be a 25 head run? Do you guys care about the "rarity" of this head or doesn't matter? I guess, if you guys want it at 30 people, then the price will be $27 shipped but some people prefer limited runs?:rolleyes:

Please just post here and tell me if you’d like to be added or excluded from this list.
I just went back through this thread and put whoever posted or implied they wanted one :) heh heh…

sunohc said:
Wow, thanks for the support on this head. I was about to hide him away for ever lol :lol
The list so far
1.Indiana Fett | 2.Irish Jedi | 3.hairlesswookie | 4.mfoga | 5.Anzik Hayes | 6.Customikey | 7.BrooklynWolf X | 8.BrooklynWolf X | 9.pickard | 10.darthneil | 11. the angry orc | 12.qrest fourstar | 13. abstractharmony | 14.thundergod | 15.memnoch21 | 16.nash? | 17.cowboy | 18.roguejedi30 | 19. drjedisith | 20. drjedisith | 21. | 22. | 23. | 24. | 25. |

I guess it'll be a 25 head run? Do you guys care about the "rarity" of this head or doesn't matter? I guess, if you guys want it at 30 people, then the price will be $27 shipped but some people prefer limited runs?:rolleyes:

Please just post here and tell me if you’d like to be added or excluded from this list.
I just went back through this thread and put whoever posted or implied they wanted one :) heh heh…

AWESOME! I just came back to this thread and see that I'm #1 on the list of casts! I'm DEFINITELY IN!

Rarity doesn't really bother me. One question though... Will he have a "real hair" braid or sculpted? Just curious. Can't wait to get the sculpt, painted up then work on the outfit.

I think a sculpted braid would look great if it was done in the softer materials that SSC has used for Qui Gon's hair and Legolas' but using casting resin would make it quite stiff and unnatural looking so in this case I'll cannabalize the braids from the extra Hasbro Boba Fett I bought years ago for customizing.

Any ideas on what we should use for the costume on this fig? I'd rather not use the one from the Hasbro figure. It's decent, but wouldn't hold up next to the SSC figures.

IrishJedi said:
Any ideas on what we should use for the costume on this fig? I'd rather not use the one from the Hasbro figure. It's decent, but wouldn't hold up next to the SSC figures.

I imagine using the tunic and belt from the SSC version, along with the pants and boots from the Hasbro woul look just fine. You'd need to do something for an undershirt of course.

I'm more concerned with the lack of a decen 1/6 scale lightsaber for our young padawan.

The braided hair….
I’m thinking of finding a thin string with braids and cutting pieces for each head.
I thought about sculpting them, which I may, but I’m not sure how well that’ll turn out.
I wonder if anyone has any special preferences for this, or does it matter?
For me, it’d be easier to find that string, but who knows?
If it is sculpted,it’ll definitely be in a rubber-like casting.

Can anyone show me the back of the head for the Hasbro version?

I found in some reference pictures that he had this mini-pony tail and the braid.
So I ended up sculpting a mini (detatchable) pony tail….

The list
1.Indiana Fett | 2.Irish Jedi | 3.hairlesswookie | 4.mfoga | 5.Anzik Hayes | 6.Customikey | 7.BrooklynWolf X | 8.BrooklynWolf X | 9.pickard | 10.darthneil | 11. the angry orc | 12.qrest fourstar | 13. abstractharmony | 14.thundergod | 15.memnoch21 | 16.nash? | 17.cowboy | 18.roguejedi30 | 19. drjedisith | 20. drjedisith | 21. congerking | 22. S-Ramos | 23. | 24. | 25. |

Thanks again for the comments :)

here are some pics of the hair on ewan
hair1oh0.jpg

this was how the back of the head was looking

https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/904/backsidehw9.jpg

and this is how the back of the head-2-piece thing was looking
https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2810/hairconnectcl8.jpg

I think I might go ahead and actually sculpt the braid

and on the top left, you can find a "360" rotation of the head
https://sunohc.com/sculpts/ewan/

and side comparison

side.jpg

https://sunohc.com/sculpts/ewan/side.jpg

Last edited:
I think a seperate braid is definitely the way to go. Just make sure there's a clear sculpted place to glue it so it makes sense in context with the sculpted hair. The ponytail looks great! Although I think it might have been a touch larger.

Beautiful work, Sunohc!!

Man!! Sunohc... I almost missed this thread.... Please put me down for one as well, I know I'll paint a bunch of them... But I need one for myself. That likeness is spot on, my friend. :rock

Can't wait to see what you do with Baltar when the time comes. :D

:wave I would be honored to be added to that list, Ewan/Obi looks fantastic!

Had I know you were gonna offer these, I woulda jumped on the bandwagon sooner!

Customikey said:
There are so many damned painters on this board! Pick one! We're all mad for this sculpt and looking forward to painting it!!

True that....... So many talented painters have come forward these past few months.... And I know that they all will be as excited to paint this head as I am.

It's looks to be a painters dream, just like all of Sunohc's work. :D

Back