Toys2 and Busted Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got some resolution, sucks to wait, but at least they'll take care of you in the end, Eric's a great help.

Glad you got some resolution, sucks to wait, but at least they'll take care of you in the end, Eric's a great help.

Thanks, Sean.

As far as the wait, I could care less. It's only a month or so. Eric said they should be arriving in September. In the meantime, I'll have the Joker to shoot and Photoshop, and he's the more..."inspiring" figure. :)

This is making me nervous. I've read about one of the spikes breaking off the gauntlets on another forum. The worst part was, they said it actually arrived like that. Couldn't see it because it was covered in a plastic cover on those areas.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, it'll be next week now I'd imagine.

Though I don't do many poses with these things. Set it like a scene from the movie and just have it sitting on my desk.

Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't matter how cautious you are with these pieces. My Rambo 3 was like my 5th or 6th HT figure and I understood the frailties of their body and such, and for whatever reason, he just happens to have a tight forearm slot and the wrist peg wasn't going to turn and even gentle turning snapped it. Hot Toys figures do come with a need for more than average handling with care, and if you do that you can avoid some trouble, but sometimes things just go wrong no matter how you handle the item, but that's anything in life.

I suppose, but not when the objective is it's suppose to move and it breaks, kind of defeats the purpose of a posable collectors item. Even as you said if one is very cautious and careful with it.

What good are they if they move and break...

Don't touch, no break. It gives a new meaning to fragile.

Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't matter how cautious you are with these pieces. My Rambo 3 was like my 5th or 6th HT figure and I understood the frailties of their body and such, and for whatever reason, he just happens to have a tight forearm slot and the wrist peg wasn't going to turn and even gentle turning snapped it. Hot Toys figures do come with a need for more than average handling with care, and if you do that you can avoid some trouble, but sometimes things just go wrong no matter how you handle the item, but that's anything in life.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Voorhees, I am so sorry to hear about your problems with the figure as well!!! :monkey2

As for the "hidden surcharge" mentioned earlier, that is not Toys2 trying to deceive you. I had a $10 charge. I used my PNC Bank Check Card for the order, and PNC told me that they imposed the charge because it was used outside the country. I imagine the variances in our Int'l charges means that different card issuers have different rates.

Thanks for clearing that up. My bank/credit card slipping in a hidden surcharge makes more sense.

Glad to hear about your update.

Well the trouble is, for a lot of us, the articulation makes our subconscious think "toy" like when we were kids and perhaps pose too much or in ways not necessarily intended.

That these figures all have display stands and all gives me the impression, ya it's on an articulated body, but that's meant to sort of make them "build a statue" pieces rather than action figures. Basically, they make them poseable so you can choose the pose of your statue, but they're not necessarily made to be putting them through a gauntlet of poses for photos and such.

Like I said too, sometimes it's just a few bad eggs in the carton, bad batch of plastic or whatever. I know a lot of folks with horror stories about their Hot Toys ALIENS figure and I never had an issue with mine. I'll agree with Sith, historically, the Buck body of Sideshow doesn't break, it may be loose in places or whatever, but I've never had one breakage issue in 30+ figures on it, but I've had a few HT incidents. ^^^^ happens, just got to face it when it happens.

Back