Toys2 and Busted Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope I don't sound like a ^^^^ or anything, really just trying to help you get the best resolution you can from this.

Just keep on top of it with them and be patient and I'm confident you'll end up with some sort of positive resolution. I held out for Toys2 to get these figures because of my positive experience with them in the past, I thought I was ^^^^ed with Rambo 3 because it was after SSC and half the planet was sold out when T2 got their shipments in and I figured no replacement and they took care of me. Definitely be sure to talk with Eric if you don't hear from him anyway, he's the one that hooks me up.

Oh good heavens, no, you're not coming off that way at all!!! :)

Like I said, I sent the pics they asked for and will send any other info they need. I just don't want to get stuck paying for this either by being stuck with a bum figure or paying to ship it back.

And Eric has been the one responding to e-mails it seems, so I hope to hear from him. I've heard nothing but good things about him. That's why the response I got on the phone from the employee there was so surprising.

Well, I don't know how big Toys2 is, my guess is Eric's the owner. I had a local collectible's dealer I used to by from until he started dealing bulk orders from home and closed shop, but I always got so-so service from his helpers but he was on the ball. Sometimes you just get foiks who don't care or don't understand the business, but usually the owners of these places, if they want to succeed, know all the ins and outs so they're the ones to get ahold of in these matters.

I've been having problems with Toys2 lately, too. There was a hidden surcharge on my credit card (labled a Visa International Transaction) of like $2.55 with my Batman/Joker order. Plus they screwed up the shipping or my last order as well as this one and when I contacted them I got a confused e-mail followed by an e-mail from Eric saying to ignore the previous e-mail. I used to trust Toys2 fully but I don't know about them anymore. I think Eric may have handed off too much of the day-to-day activity to others.

I've been having problems with Toys2 lately, too. There was a hidden surcharge on my credit card (labled a Visa International Transaction) of like $2.55 with my Batman/Joker order.

Yeah, I got one of those 2, except mine was for $5.

That sucks and a lot of company's have the no refund/no exchange policy because the "mint in box" condition is important, not to me but other collectors. I had a hard time of this when I recieved a damaged product and I just asked to speak to the sales manager (most of these companies are pretty small). I explained that the product arrived broken and that I am a reputable buyer and avid collector who just wants a fair exchange.
They offered to try to repair the item, then they tried to contact SSC and HT for replacement parts before finally replacing the product altogether.
It takes a lot of follow through but you should make them back up their products.

Actually, I expect the manufacturer of a product to back it up rather than my retailer, provided the manufacturer has an english-language customer support. I would email Hot Toys about the issue. They're slow to respond, but they did take care of the broken Aliens warrior I had out of the box.

Of course, for products that don't have that kind of customer service support, I'd probably email my retailer :)

Actually, I expect the manufacturer of a product to back it up rather than my retailer, provided the manufacturer has an english-language customer support. I would email Hot Toys about the issue. They're slow to respond, but they did take care of the broken Aliens warrior I had out of the box.

Of course, for products that don't have that kind of customer service support, I'd probably email my retailer :)

I agree but I would also make the retailer aware. They can probably contact the manufacturer easier than a customer can. Funny, my broken item was a HT Alien Warrior, too.

I agree but I would also make the retailer aware. They can probably contact the manufacturer easier than a customer can. Funny, my broken item was a HT Alien Warrior, too.

:lol I think a LOT of people had breakage issues with them. Out of the box, I had a broken ankle cup and a broken hip. They sent me two whole extra legs, one of which broke at the knee! Just glad I had enough parts to mix-n-match :monkey3

I do remember contacting my retailer on the Alien as well after initial non-response from HT, but I actually got replacement parts faster than they did through Hot Toys once HT started responding to my emails.

Last edited:
This is clearly a manufacturing defect. Why not ask Eric to contact HT and ask for a replacement for you?

HT will replace defective pieces. I would also contact HT, send them an email with pics and maybe you can get your figure replaced directly from them.

You may have some trouble fixing the joint considering that this appears to be the FIRST-EVER use of the new Hot Toys "Armored Body" (also used by Sideshow on General Obi-Wan). The body type appears to have the same appearance as a Truetype but "thinner" so to speak of all the limbs to better accomidate a larger suit over top.

Sorry to hear about this, it's just bad luck. I hope you hear well from Toys2.net and they'll send you a replacement/refund you. Maybe even contacting Hot Toys as well even though they can take a while to respond from what I hear.

Hey guess what fellas? I JUST broke one of my ^^^^ing wrist pegs! :banghead

Piece of ^^^^ figure! :mad:

The new wrist posts that HT designed for the newer trutype bodies seems to be pretty prone to breakage:monkey4

This about the 10th one I have heard about breaking, wheres as the old wrists posts seldom if ever broke.

Sorry to hear that, man.:mad:

The new wrist posts that HT designed for the newer trutype bodies seems to be pretty prone to breakage:monkey4

This about the 10th one I have heard about breaking, wheres as the old wrists posts seldom if ever broke.

Oh that and one of the hooks on his forearm piece broke off too, you know I must say (and this is coming from a HUGE Hot Toys fan) aside from the sculpt this figure is really pissing me off right now! The cape blows and its almost impossible to make him pose as cool as the Takara does. His ankles are similar to one of a gimp.

3/5 for me. The 3 goes to the sculpt right now. God forbid if I even touch this piece again. :mad:

Oh that and one of the hooks on his forearm piece broke off too, you know I must say (and this is coming from a HUGE Hot Toys fan) aside from the sculpt this figure is really pissing me off right now! The cape blows and its almost impossible to make him pose as cool as the Takara does. His ankles are similar to one of a gimp.

3/5 for me. The 3 goes to the sculpt right now. God forbid if I even touch this piece again. :mad:

Sorry to hear that. It's the opposite for me. The thickness of the Takara suit prevents the figure from holding a pose....and my HT Batman ankle joints are rock solid in holding their position. I also prefer the cape to the thin/see thru easy to to tear takara cape.

Sorry to hear that. It's the opposite for me. The thickness of the Takara suit prevents the figure from holding a pose....and my HT Batman ankle joints are rock solid in holding their position. I also prefer the cape to the thin/see thru easy to to tear takara cape.

I have no complaints about the cape. Love it! :)

I realised today that my cape is not sewn exactly symetrically which effects the way it lies and poses slightly. On top of that, the ankle joints will support my figure but move so easily I don't trust them to hold a pose indefinitely, his right shoulder is ever-so-slightly loose so he can't hold some of the more extreme poses, and I had to spend a few hours performing surgery on his arm in order to fix a broken wrist peg. I'll agree that the materials used in construction and some of the engineering on this figure leaves a bit to be desired.

Even with all of that, I still think this is one of the best purchases I've ever made and I can't stop picking him up to make little adjustments here and there, or even just play with him. It's just such a cool figure that I can look past the few problems that it has and really enjoy it.

What is up with the ankle joints? when I took my figure out for a youtube video mind you, I noticed that they were way loose and I had to hold him up, is it cause the joint is all the way in like I've been reading or what? I intend to pose him standing straight and with his display stand anyways but should I still worry about the joint?

I realised today that my cape is not sewn exactly symetrically which effects the way it lies and poses slightly. On top of that, the ankle joints will support my figure but move so easily I don't trust them to hold a pose indefinitely, his right shoulder is ever-so-slightly loose so he can't hold some of the more extreme poses, and I had to spend a few hours performing surgery on his arm in order to fix a broken wrist peg. I'll agree that the materials used in construction and some of the engineering on this figure leaves a bit to be desired.

Even with all of that, I still think this is one of the best purchases I've ever made and I can't stop picking him up to make little adjustments here and there, or even just play with him. It's just such a cool figure that I can look past the few problems that it has and really enjoy it.

O.K. i've now taken a chill pill, the figure is amazing no doubt, just kinda lost my mind with all the crap falling off of it! Thanks to Col. Trautman Batmans wrist is back to "skin coloured" normal. For now that is, i'm still working on a good pose.

Next time i'll count to ten................:eek: Cape still sucks. :monkey3

Same happened to me,1 of the hooks broke off,this figure aint very solid,the articulation is very limited.

Voorhees, I am so sorry to hear about your problems with the figure as well!!! :monkey2

As for the "hidden surcharge" mentioned earlier, that is not Toys2 trying to deceive you. I had a $10 charge. I used my PNC Bank Check Card for the order, and PNC told me that they imposed the charge because it was used outside the country. I imagine the variances in our Int'l charges means that different card issuers have different rates.

But it is not Toys2 trying to deceive you.

Update on my situation...

Eric e-mailed me back. They are going to exchange the figure, but I have to wait until the second wave arrives. In all honesty, that's what I was expecting in the first place. I would've been very shocked if they had extras still around.

I'm glad that I sent that second e-mail pointing out that I had ordered a Truetype through them (which should arrive today) to replace the body on the Joker. Friend of mine got very careless with it and snapped the wrist off the figure. Granted, these things seem prone to breakage, but this guy is just disrespectful of others' belongings.

Point is that I e-mailed Toys2 asserting that my Truetype order demonstrates that I am an honest person who is willing to pay to fix their own mistake. In addition to the pics I sent them, Eric referred to the Joker situation and said that it made him trust me at my word. :)

It looks like I may have to pay for the shipping costs back. I hope not, and I really don't think I should...but I'll do it without complaint if necessary. Just as long as they pay to ship the replacement.

I also assured Eric that when future orders arrive, I'll do my best to examine the product as fully as possible upon arrival. The rubber suit makes it hard though.

My advice for anyone in this situation is to inspect upon arrival and put it through the ringer up front (dynamic poses, etc.) to see if anything's weak. If you're dealing with Toys2.net, have photographic evidence and talk directly with Eric.

Back