1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did DoggieDoc ever get back to you? I'm pretty sure he's moved in and all by now. Perhaps he's just catching up on older business.

I'll send him a PM as well.

No, he never did. I had assumed the project was further along than it is though so, like dukefett was saying, I bet he’ll get a list going when he’s ready.

Has anyone heard from DoggieDoc? He's been MIA for a long time now. I sent him a PM on the other site but he never responded, which is unusual. Hope he's OK.

Has anyone heard from DoggieDoc? He's been MIA for a long time now. I sent him a PM on the other site but he never responded, which is unusual. Hope he's OK.

He's been posting on IG and FB, he seems to be working on a ET Elliot and Bike project.

Can anyone here remind him of the Morpheus glasses and the Indiana Jones shoes and revolver project? Maybe get an ETA when he'll circle back to those. He doesn't seem to spend much time on his own Custom Site anymore.

Hey folks! Apologies for my extended absence. please allow me a little explanation...

Wor-Gor is right... I haven't even been on the new custom site as much but don't worry, I am fine :). The reason for this is that I have kind of had my head down working on and trying to complete several long-standing projects in my backlog of things I have to finish. You may have seen some Kingsman items and now some Tony stark items on my Instagram (along with the ET project). The Kingsman and Tony Stark stuff has been on my bench for WELL over a year... probably longer, honestly... and I really just needed to get those finished. And ET is a project that got rolling more significantly and more quickly than I expected, and has now become my first foray into production of a complete figure set working with multiple artists, which has been a significant amount of work, albeit expected. And finally, you may or may not know, but I am actually now doing some work for Trick or Treat Studios on their upcoming figure lines, which has also taken its own slice of my time. So my deepest apologies for my lack of communication here.

HOWEVER... I have not forgotten about Morpheus. And as a matter of fact, since last time I was on, I finally acquired my own laser, which I had been planning on doing for some time, and I actually experimented with yet more and new materials to see if I could achieve an even further level of perfection on the glasses. don't get me wrong I am super happy with the current final results, but if I can ever improve things yet further I am always going to try. none of my experiments ended up trumping what I last showed so those are still the defacto production versions unless a new revelation arises.

Thanks for all of you patience and as I said, Morpheus will be completed with his glasses, and hopefully sooner rather than later now.

I'm baaaaaaa-aaaaack.

As I said ive stil been refining ... that being said...

Ok a photo with no context. Answer which is better... top or bottom. Then I will elaborate.

605109736a68386b3f71d2b97425ff48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First, hello back! Good to see you.

To answer your question, I like the bottom better, looks cleaner, and that white ring is lessened... BUT, I'm not crazy about the white edge to the lenses. Of course, in hand, it may not be so noticeable. Or perhaps it can be painted?

Something tells me that is not the answer you wanted though. :)

First, hello back! Good to see you.

To answer your question, I like the bottom better, looks cleaner, and that white ring is lessened... BUT, I'm not crazy about the white edge to the lenses. Of course, in hand, it may not be so noticeable. Or perhaps it can be painted?

Something tells me that is not the answer you wanted though. :)

I'm not looking for any answer, just want gut reactions from the photo.

However a word of warning... if we want mirror finish, the slightly silvery rim is inevitable. It's just gonna be a reality. Now to be up front, I DID paint the edges of the lenses of the top set and DIDN'T paint the bottom ones, which I might, but I will give fair warning it won't eliminate the slightly silvery ring.

I wanna hear a few more opinions before I elaborate on what I'm showing and why I'm asking and then I'll show additional photos to see what people's thoughts are with even more information.

Next photo.... arranged same way...top here same as top on previous photo which I've included here a second time.

Fingerprint perfectly reflected in both...
72d4f831e3875bda3c7d24e960d60ef8.jpg
f9d8b9182344bcad591ba03a5ab4240b.jpg

I'm in agreement with Wor-Gar - The less silver edges, the better, as his glasses had no silver edges. The black lens went all the way around.

But I understand that there may be limitations to capturing the mirrored effect, which is definitely a key to include.

As for the preferred version, the bottom one, without a doubt, as it has less silver edge.

Edit: I went back to see your previous variations, DoggieDoc, and now I'm torn between the mirrored effect of this new one and the the last version you came up with below, as it has fully black lenses...

7cedad3d5fcba5d82408f23315160d31.jpg

Back