Toys Works: Saber Master & Spirit Master

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I’m gonna go ahead and pick this one up. If anybody is looking to off load in a trade or for cash let me know.

just bought one a few days ago. i bought a nick furry body to replace the one this guy comes with. also bought the sideshow mace windu robe and belt to also replace the robe and belt that comes with this figure. just have to wait for the figure to come in.

just bought one a few days ago. i bought a nick furry body to replace the one this guy comes with. also bought the sideshow mace windu robe and belt to also replace the robe and belt that comes with this figure. just have to wait for the figure to come in.

Looking forward to seeing it put together. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on this numerous times.

just got mace windu from toy works in yesterday great looking figure. i`m still waiting for a few parts to come in to finish him up. so far i swapped out the body which the body that came with this figure almost looks like the HT han solo body just in mace windu skin color but the neck and torso is a rubber like feeling. i swapped out there belt for a sideshow mace windu belt and the robe is trash so i got the sideshow robe for him have a mace windu light saber hilt coming so i can have it displayed on his belt. any one on the fence about this should have a look at him as to who knows when HT will ever get to him.

Got mine today. The sculpt alone is worth the price. Incredible paint work on it.

The body is the wrong color and the neck too long. Swapped to a Ganghood body which is a perfect color match and neck length but no double jointed elbows and a bit too broad at the shoulders. Better but I’ll still be on the hunt for something else.

The belt is trash. Just awful. Replaced with Sideshow’s.

Saber is nicely painted but the battery was already crusty and leaking out of the box. Plus no way to hang it on the belt so also replaced with SS’s

The robe is ok but I’ll be putting either an Anakin or Qui-Gon or other dark HT robe on him if I can find one. Next best thing will be a SS robe.

The undershirt, tunic, pants and boots are all very nice and definitely useable.

Overall well worth it to me to finally have a nice Mace Windu on the shelf.

Here’s a quick pick of him all changed over.

85603CE7-B109-4578-94D1-4C8097B87217.jpeg

A846E982-0A91-4E79-97DD-EF1974879792.jpeg

yep glad to see you broke down a get him. i used the hot toys nick furry body for mine with those long ankle pegs. i did the same thing with the belt tracked down the side show stuff like sabe handle belt and robe.

That head sculpt looks surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting that level of detailing or paint application.

After your upgrades, Coco, it fits in perfectly with HT's figures.

That head sculpt looks surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting that level of detailing or paint application.

After your upgrades, Coco, it fits in perfectly with HT's figures.

The sculpt looks amazing. The paint apps are better than any 3rd party figure I’ve ever owned and totally on par with HT. He’s on the shelf next to Anakin and Obi-Wan and you’d swear it was an HT product. I think I’d like to get a custom belt made for him though.

It's strange up to this point Hot Toys version of Mace Windu is not even slightly teased.

Looks great Coco :clap:

Belt looks like a replica of the old SS figure's belt but otherwise, it definitely looks like a HT figure

It's strange up to this point Hot Toys version of Mace Windu is not even slightly teased.

True. Considering they've done a 2 (or is it 3?) versions of Nick Fury, one would think Mace Windu would be an easy character to tackle. While I'd prefer a new sculpt, I could see HT taking the easy road of just de-ageing and removing the goatee of one of the old sculpts.

The sculpt looks amazing. The paint apps are better than any 3rd party figure I?ve ever owned and totally on par with HT. He?s on the shelf next to Anakin and Obi-Wan and you?d swear it was an HT product. I think I?d like to get a custom belt made for him though.

i would be down for that as well

Looks great Coco :clap:

Belt looks like a replica of the old SS figure's belt but otherwise, it definitely looks like a HT figure

He’s fits right in for sure. The belt is actually the one from Sideshow’s Mace and looking at him side by side with RoTS Obi it’s the only thing that stands out as non-HT.

Adam what hands did you use for mace ? or are these the hands that came with the figure

I moved him to a Ganghood body and those are the hands that came with it. Unfortunately that body didn’t come with gripping hands so I’ll either have to use the stock Toys Works hands or try to find some elsewhere.

Got mine today. The sculpt alone is worth the price. Incredible paint work on it.

The body is the wrong color and the neck too long. Swapped to a Ganghood body which is a perfect color match and neck length but no double jointed elbows and a bit too broad at the shoulders. Better but I?ll still be on the hunt for something else.

The belt is trash. Just awful. Replaced with Sideshow?s.

Saber is nicely painted but the battery was already crusty and leaking out of the box. Plus no way to hang it on the belt so also replaced with SS?s

The robe is ok but I?ll be putting either an Anakin or Qui-Gon or other dark HT robe on him if I can find one. Next best thing will be a SS robe.

The undershirt, tunic, pants and boots are all very nice and definitely useable.

Overall well worth it to me to finally have a nice Mace Windu on the shelf.

Here?s a quick pick of him all changed over.

View attachment 500535

View attachment 500536

That does look really good. I'm also surprised HT hasn't teased Windu yet. Hopefully they will. Haven't got Qui-Gon yet but I'm sure the quality will be good based on some of the images and videos. If they produce Windu it should look at least as good. They've done a great job with the Jedi so far.

The SSC Windu is still a part of my display. While the portrait looks less like Jackson and more like the stand-in for the Palpatine arrival scene in EpOne, I really like the materials used for the outfit and the robe. The robe especially works well because one can almost "sculpt" the fabric around the figure and it can look pretty cool.

MASTER WINDU.jpg

Coco, if you still have that Sideshow robe, it could be interesting to see it on your figure...I think it would really pop.

Any more pics of your cool looking figure?

Last edited:
Back