1/6 Toys Works - Jessica Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw on Timewalkertoys that this is expected in a couple weeks, so looking forward to seeing what the final product looks like.

The sculpt on the Mantis figure turned out a bit better than the proto, so maybe this one will too...

She was supposed to be coming into stock at TNS last Friday, but so far no indication that she did.

Did you order at TNS, they do tend to usually get stuff in stock first, I usually go with Giantoy because I can pay full and not worry about missing an invoice email. I think Giantoy had these for order before anyone else, maybe they got the first shipment.

Did you order at TNS, they do tend to usually get stuff in stock first, I usually go with Giantoy because I can pay full and not worry about missing an invoice email. I think Giantoy had these for order before anyone else, maybe they got the first shipment.

Yes, I ordered through the TNS site (rather than their Facebook Group). Both the group post and the email invoice I received said she would be in stock last Friday.

I've ordered from Giantoy a couple of times. Because they're in China rather than Hong Kong I've been ordering elsewhere, as my first order took quite a while to get delivered. Yet the second order, which included the long overdue Alert Line hyenas, arrived in about four days which is the equivalent of a good Hong Kong delivery.

Yes, I ordered through the TNS site (rather than their Facebook Group). Both the group post and the email invoice I received said she would be in stock last Friday.

I've ordered from Giantoy a couple of times. Because they're in China rather than Hong Kong I've been ordering elsewhere, as my first order took quite a while to get delivered. Yet the second order, which included the long overdue Alert Line hyenas, arrived in about four days which is the equivalent of a good Hong Kong delivery.

I’ve noticed that my giantoy packages often have a US return address, so they must have a warehouse here. Plus one of my credit cards that charges a fee for foreign transactions does not charge the fee for giantoy purchases, but does for TNS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed that my giantoy packages often have a US return address, so they must have a warehouse here. Plus one of my credit cards that charges a fee for foreign transactions does not charge the fee for giantoy purchases, but does for TNS.

Maybe it's a shipping agent they use to arrange returns? Odd about the foreign transaction charge, as both companies take the funds in US$.

I think these may have only reached suppliers yesterday, as OSK announced her arrival yesterday as well. This morning I got an email from TNS to say she'd been despatched.

The Iron Koob said:
I'm very curious for in-hand pics

I've been keeping an eye on the Reviews section of the BBICN forum, but as yet nothing.

Sometimes people have photos up very fast since they can go and pick up their figures.

Yeah I would bet Giantoy just has someone for only returns or something like that and ships them all back on a pallet to keep costs down.

None have the three places that sometimes open boxes and take photos (OSK, TNS and GT) have dones so with Jessica. Unless they did open one, saw it was terrible and decided to let sleeping dogs lie. :lol

I'm super curious how this one will look in hand. I've never thought the face looked like Ritter, but it in the promo pics it looked kinda photoshopped.

I'm super curious how this one will look in hand. I've never thought the face looked like Ritter, but it in the promo pics it looked kinda photoshopped.

I rolled the dice on this one because the Kingpin they released wasn’t too bad. Frankly there appeared to be at least 3 different heads in the promo pics, which gave me hope they just weren’t done with the first head they teased. Worst case I end up with most of a Jessica Jones figure and have to track down a better head sculpt.

I got Kingpin as well. I think the sculpt is better than the actor himself, who I couldn't take seriously because he just looked like an overgrown baby to me!

I enjoyed his portrayal of Kingpin. It’s difficult to get too comic accurate without doing something similar to how they filmed Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies. Or luckily finding a huge guy that can actually act.

I enjoyed his portrayal of Kingpin. It’s difficult to get too comic accurate without doing something similar to how they filmed Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies. Or luckily finding a huge guy that can actually act.

The portrayal was good, but I couldn't get on board with his physical appearance.

Kingpin's had a rough ride on film. John Rhys-Davies played him with hair and a beard.

trial-hulk-e.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio has a soft baby face.

4e45cad08a4abfff49d68c6ffde3189ba028f790.jpg

Michael Clarke Duncan was the best, but he happened to be the wrong race.

6033a75c3ccee1830db243d781ed83e5.jpg

The Toys Works figure took Vincent's likeness and merged it with a more comic book likeness, eradicating the baby and bringing the Boss.

Back