1/6 HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok also not a big fan of KP 1/6 bodies . The ankles are very weak . The Haoyu Toys bodies seam much more stronger and able to support the weight of the Lorica Segmentata.

HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure

I know that Kaustic plastik released there Roman centurion a few years back that really looked absolutely incredible but I missed out on that version
2b7f1b94e5390fb71e0505e1af6cdb87.jpg

I would love if they revisited this style again.

90ab2c2a999ae9b859e1c91bff84cdcb.jpg
I Highly recommend getting this guy. There’s a movie that I believe this character is based on. THE CENTURIAN .

Oh fantastic. I will check out the movie! I didnt know the sculpt wa as based on a film - that's good to know!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure

I’m personally a big fan and collector of KAUSTIC PLASTIK Roman figures and ACI . I’m not going to come out and say the Haoyu toy/ HH model are a better company or more accurate because I’m ignorant of facts on that matter . I personally have commented on these forums to Fabio that wouldn’t mind them using more plastic and sacrificing real leather just for durability reasons . The KP figures uniforms are held together with very weak glue because of mass production laws but it makes everything very fragile when posing and it’s a complete night mare gluing everything back together . HH model seams to have everything down pat with the perfect mix of metal and plastic .

I was going through my old Photobucket account yesterday deleting photos, and came across photos of some of my Romans which, according to the dates assigned, were from seven years ago. It really doesn't seem possible to be that long ago though.

100_4270_zpsgky6bb4v.jpg

The collection must have doubled since then because I have more legionaries, another general, the new auxiliaries and the two Celts. The last ones I bought were KP's legionary and cavalry auxiliaries. Don't know whether KP are still active in this field, or whether it's just not profitable enough for the effort involved.

I looked at the HH figures but prefer KP for their greater accuracy and more realistic appearance (such as the mail). Though the new Aquilifer is looking pretty good and looks to have improved mail. However, I think I really want different different examples, rather than doubling up. I already have an Aquilifier and Vellixifer, and don't really want to army build legionaries. One centurion is enough, and two generals is one too many (!)

The HH Romans are quite impressive but, unlike KP who put in the research, they seem more movie inspired. In that regard they've picked up the torch from ACI. It wouldn't take much to make the necessary changes. ACI's gladiators were all mix and match affairs - you needed several so you could swap parts between them.

HH's legionary with the manica would benefit from KP's Dacian Wars helmet (with the cross bracing over the crown), as the physical representation of the use of the manica for legionaries comes from Trajan's column.

800px-AdamclisiMetope37.jpg

In that carving he's wearing both manica and strengthened helmet. The theory is that it was a response to the two-handed Dacian falx (sickle).

AdamclisiMetope34.jpg

Great collection Asta !! Very good point you make about these to different company’s who make these great collectibles . I just wish Kaustic plastic used stronger bodies and moved to a more durable plastic instead insisting on using leather .

Great collection Asta !! Very good point you make about these to different company’s who make these great collectibles . I just wish Kaustic plastic used stronger bodies and moved to a more durable plastic instead insisting on using leather .

Thanks!

KP had problems when they switched from pleather to genuine leather. The glue they're permitted to use in the Chinese factory doesn't adhere as well to leather as pleather. It's a catch-22 as the leather is more durable.

CooModels switched to plastic for the belts and straps on their knights. While it gives you peace of mind, the plastic they chose isn't very realistic. It was simple enough to remove the belt buckles and replace them with leather.

One thing that I wouldn't mind KP changing is the metal parts to plastic. It's what makes the figures so heavy, and puts the bodies under stress. Plastic should also be cheaper, plus it holds more detail than diecast. They boast about using an Italian jeweller for their metalwork, but some of the work is a bit rough. The visor on my auxiliary cavalryman was pinned on at an angle. I emailed them about it but never got a reply. So I got the pin out and refixed the visor so it was level. It means there's now an exposed pinhole.

The other thing with that helmet that never seemed right is that apart from some gold decoration it's unpainted, bare diecast. It looks odd, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that because every other helmet has been fully painted.

The Celts on the other hand have plastic helmets and they look perfectly fine without the 'kudos' of metal.

KP had problems when they switched from pleather to genuine leather....
One thing that I wouldn't mind KP changing is the metal parts to plastic.

I disagree. I'm collecting the KP line because of the metal helmets, though I agree some of the work is rough. I can't believe that they are reproducing all the historical variations that they are, and I ust picked up the entire Museum Collection that I had to source from 3 different Euro vendors, and I absolutely love the helmets. I could even go without the figures. I love that they are made of real metal, and I absolutely prefer leather. The closer to the real thing, the better imo.

I just picked up the Celt leader and the helms for the warrior, and I can't tell you the level of disappointment when I realized his helm and the warrior's helm as well as the boar pieces were in plastic instead of metal. However, I got the Little French army versions which came with a metal helms in different styles, and I'm very pleased with those. And, I'm still impressed that they are recreating those archaeological boar pieces, even if in plastic.

Having said that, I agree that metal helms can be terrible on a plastic head (can scratch the paint job) and the weight can be rough on the bodies, so I suppose it depends how you use/pose your figures. Plastic has its place, but no matter how well painted, it just seems cheap in hand to me.

Likewise i prefer real leather in all cases but KP using it only for the straps. Everything else is still pleather and pleather always degrades over time. Leather will last forever if you care for it properly. However, there are also different grades and kinds of leather, and I'm not impressed with the grade of leather they use, although I do love that they are putting out products trying to use the real thing.

Everyone scimps in different ways, these new models have plastic cheak plates, and they could use some serious weathering as they look a little too Hollywood in terms of bright metal and gleaming red.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Likewise i prefer real leather in all cases but KP using it only for the straps.

I voted for genuine leather, when Fabio posed the question of what they should use once it became known that the metalwork wasn't adhering as strongly as it did to pleather.

It's not a great hardship to superglue the pieces yourself before assembling the figure.

Fabio was dead against using plastic for the helmets, but it's not something that bothers me. Some of them are very heavy, such as with the general and the gladiators. The details can be a bit soft on the more elaborate pieces, which is why I like the sharpness that plastic can hold.

48385221766_592ebaaafb_o.jpg

48385366392_747cf0134c_o.jpg

I agree that the helmets must be metal but the metal belt clips falling off as soon as I take the collectible out of the box because of weak glue is extremely frustrating . There needs to be some compromise in the future .

how many shields does the HH Centurion come with? Just a single round shield or does the rectangular shield get included as well?

Just opened this figure up today and am quite impressed with the accessories and varieties of looks for this character. Love the expression, attention to detail overall is superb; I look forward to applying my own bit of weathering on his clothing. I was also surprised to see 2 shields. Both look great. A+ figure

Just opened this figure up today and am quite impressed with the accessories and varieties of looks for this character. Love the expression, attention to detail overall is superb; I look forward to applying my own bit of weathering on his clothing. I was also surprised to see 2 shields. Both look great. A+ figure

Congrats brother !! He’s awesome !!

Back