Toys Legend Dark Knight Batman dioramas / Armory / Tech Desk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting to get mine. Oh man, I can't wait though... :)

Well, I was finally able to open my armory up last night, after receiving it last week and then leaving town on holiday. :panic::panic::panic:

First off, as others have said, this thing is so well packaged it took me nearly 30 minutes to work my way through the multiple layers of wrap and padding. Toystrike do an amazing job preparing this thing for shipment. As well, Toys Legend do a fantastic job securing everything: clamshell trays snuggly surround nearly every element of this thing. Every tray and door is covered and secured with scotch tape. Takes forever to remove it all, but glad they do it.

Initial impressions of the quality of this piece are very good. The armory has decent weight to it, and all the doors and drawers have a firm, solid movement to them. Nothing is chintzy or brittle. The backdrop is nice - good quality image and very sturdy. Too big for me to use though in the detolf and I wasn't ready to chop it up to make it fit as it doubles as the exterior of the box. Paint apps are top quality. Everything has a nice, slightly weathered feel with occasional rust or oxidation spots. The accessories are really impressive, although I did replace the sticky bomb guns with the Hot Toys versions I had on hand. Interesting to note, my back panels are on the film-accurate sides unlike some of the other member's armories. I was relieved that I didn't have to remove and swap them. :yess: The front drawers are a bit undersized and should be closer together, but not a deal breaker.

The suit is about what you'd expect. Hollow and a bit stiff, but it does the job. I removed the stock cowl and neck and replaced them with a cowl/neck from the MMS71 I had in my old armory. The boots have been removed and stand on either side of the legs. The hands are still in the package. The left arm does stray slightly, but I didn't feel the need to heat it up and try to reposition it. The gauntlets are a bit twisted, but there's no easy way to remedy it so it's staying that way for the moment. The suit hangs about 1/2 inch off the base and seems soundly connected. The lights are placed a little haphazardly, which bugs my OCD a bit, but I'll deal :lol. They cast a warm, yellow tone as opposed to a cooler blue. The switch is accessible on top however, with little clearance between the armory and the top of the detolf, it's a struggle to get my fingers in there to activate the lighting.

All in all, this is a total win and a bargain for what you get. I built my own armory 3 years ago and always wanted to improve on elements of it (integrated lighting without cables, back panel accessories, etc) and this does all that. Including the suit is brilliant and straight out of the box, this thing makes for a very nice display.

Only had time for a couple quick phone pics, not much new here:

qohu.jpg

zq0.jpg

Haven't been paying attention to eBay prices on this but I would wholeheartedly recommend picking this set up while you can.

The Toy Legend body has the cowl and neck as one piece. You would need to try and cut the cowl off the neck or use another neck in order to use the HT cowl.

I will be attempting to cut the mouthpiece and eyes out of the toys legend cowl this weekend . I don't have an issue with the TL suit really, even though im picking up selina from ebay so i'll get the cowl i can't be arsed sourcing a neck to use with the HT cowl.

The Toy Legend body has the cowl and neck as one piece. You would need to try and cut the cowl off the neck or use another neck in order to use the HT cowl.

DX12 neck piece that comes with the wayne head, and the Selina cowl? Might take some ghetto rigging though... most likely easier for me to cut the cowl that comes with the set... even though I hate doing that.

DX12 neck piece that comes with the wayne head, and the Selina cowl? Might take some ghetto rigging though... most likely easier for me to cut the cowl that comes with the set... even though I hate doing that.

Any neck from either the MMS71, DX02 or DX12 would work...
Cutting the existing cowl from the neck should work, but I'm with you, I'd rather not.

I just purchased all of the weapons that come with this set to finish up my Armory I built last year. How are the quality of the pieces to this?

Are they glued into the foam or do they easily pop out? I am bracing myself for glue dots on the back and chipped paint:lol.
So happy this dio piece came out. It definitely saved me time and energy from casting a bunch stuff to complete mine.

Last edited:
Just got it today from Leo (aka GoodShipped) for $233 shipped.

The weapons pops out and not glued. Good quality plastic.

sorry for the low def pics from my phone.

Hi guys,

sorry all in French but it will still give you a great idea on how amazing this thing is :

[ame]https://youtu.be/NcFKktiHd-M[/ame]

cheers

I was in Toys Legend shop today ready to buy the Armory ... But it is sold out. I really thought it was going to be available as there are people selling more than 10 units on eBay... So sad

Even the one they had displayed it is not there anymore.... they have changed the whole display.

Bye

I finally picked mine up after it having arrived almost a week ago at my LCS..... opened it up and gave it a smell and nothing!!! I got ripped off ..... no natural high! It's in the corner now waiting for me to get high some other way first....

Yeah mine didn't have that problem either thankfully. It's out in the open in my room currently and I haven't noticed any strange smells.

who are we kidding this is an awesome piece and still need to figure out where to go but for now its in the corner

pfj2.jpg

i was buy it at ebay again ''toywholeseller'' is more cheaper and they ship so fast ! and thay tell me they have 24 pcs stock will do promotion and sell for discount price ><!!

Back