1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah just being familiar with Coco's stands, I can already tell how undersized the figure will be. And the Spidey figure being a bit oversized doesn't help matters.

So this may end up being just a placeholder until the HT version (hopefully) comes along.

He’s a bit on the small side for sure but if you’re a fan of the movie I wouldn’t pass on it just because of that. He really does look fine next to Spidey and really nice on the shelf. Even though Ock may be showing up in the new Spidey movie I doubt there’s any chance HT will make a SM2 version. In fact they are notorious for skipping the bad guys altogether.

He’s a bit on the small side for sure but if you’re a fan of the movie I wouldn’t pass on it just because of that. He really does look fine next to Spidey and really nice on the shelf. Even though Ock may be showing up in the new Spidey movie I doubt there’s any chance HT will make a SM2 version. In fact they are notorious for skipping the bad guys altogether.

Agreed. Im still surprised Mysterio is happening

Got mine today and i'm very happy with him. As he spends much of his time, "walking" on his claws, it would have been good to have 2 optional solid claws, to use as legs. That way you could avoid having to use the stand. I'm going to see of if can install some LEDs into his pincers.

I moved house a few weeks ago and have only managed to unpack and set up my LOTR collection so far but this guy arrived last week and I just had to bust him out Of his cardboard confinement and play with those fantabulous legs!
ECB5D301-E0EC-4DAF-B18B-10BD1CBAF978.jpg
The height of this pose has just made him qualify for ‘top shelf’ positioning (because nowhere else has the clearance.) Just waiting till my new shelves are ready to collect.

Last edited:
I moved house a few weeks ago and have only managed to unpack and set up my LOTR collection so far but this guy arrived last week and I just had to bust him out Of his cardboard confinement and lay with those fantabulous legs!
View attachment 501436
The height of this pose has just made him qualify for ‘top shelf’ positioning (because nowhere else has the clearance.) Just waiting till my new shelves are ready to collect.

He looks really cool!

Great pose!

LED light modification - Part 1

This is not too difficult a mod, mainly drilling holes and a little soldering. It's just a bit slow and tedious, because of all the parts involved.

Tools you will need:

Flat screwdriver
3mm drill bit
2mm drill bit
soldering iron
craft knife
superglue
4 red 3mm LEDs
black wire

Step 1 - Prise off the pincer with the screwdriver (be careful not to scratch off the paint). Cut off the end of the red light and drill into the centre with the 3mm drill.

doc01.jpg

doc02.jpg

Solder 2 lengths of black wire to the LED. Solder close to the LED and cut off the legs. Each wire should be about 40cm long. Check LED is still working.

doc03.jpg

Cut 2 small notches into the inner ring for the wires. Superglue the LED into place.

doc04.jpg

Prise off a segment and cut off the ball joint with a knife. (I used a hacksaw here)

doc05.jpg

Drill 2 2mm holes straight through. Each segment has 2 red lights on the outside. Drill on the same "lug" as the 2 lights. This is important, as it will look odd once assembled if you drill into the wrong lug. Tidy up the holes with a knife.

doc06.jpg

Feed the wires through the holes and test fit.

doc07.jpg

Superglue the 2 parts together. Test the LED again.

doc08.jpg

Prise off another segment and drill the 2 holes in the same place as before.

doc09.jpg

Repeat for all the links.

doc10.jpg

Thread the wires through and snap together. You can usually do 2 at a time to speed things up. The wires should be a loose fit, so as not to restrict flexibility. Re-test once assembled.

doc11.jpg

Several hours later.

doc12.jpg

End of part 1. Part 2 to follow soon.

Villains are exclusively for Hot Toys' Star Wars, fact :)

First Marine Boy, great work on the LEDS they look great. Second I agree the figure is a bit undersized but don't let that stop you from getting him cause he's kinda awesome. I'm not sure what body i would even use to switch out, as Molina was stocky but not fat in Spidey 2. The "fatman" body is too fat. Not sure what I'd use...

Well ive settled on a setup for mine. He has a presence careless of his size. I was hoping to have him holding spidey by the leg but space wont allow it.... for now

20201217_165415.jpg

LED modification - Part 2

Separate the body and drill 2 2mm holes in each arm connector. Again, make sure you drill the correct lugs.

doc13.jpg

doc14.jpg

Before separating the wires, identify the positive wire on each arm. I used small bits of masking tape.

doc15.jpg

Feed the wires through the holes. I temporarily removed the tape to push it through. You may need tweezers to help pull them out the other side.

doc16.jpg

Attach the arm and pull the wires to take up any slack.

doc17.jpg

Repeat for the other arms and pull the wires toward the bottom. Make sure you have the right ones in each location. (the upper pair are different to the lower pair) Wire the + and - together with a final wire to the battery pack.

doc18.jpg

Solder the connections and apply heatshrink.

doc19.jpg

Push the ends of the wire inside the waist armour and out the top. Solder the wires to the battery pack. Push any excess wiring inside. I have ordered a 2 button cell battery pack with an on/off switch, which should sit under his coat nicely. I have a temporary pack wired up for now.

doc20.jpg

As the arms are no longer removable, straighten them out in order to put the coat on.

doc21.jpg

Repeat with the outer coat.

doc22.jpg

How he looks all done.

doc23.jpg

doc24.jpg

I discovered too late, 1 of the links had fallen on the floor, so 1 of his arms is a bit shorter. :slap

Kghobby have him for pre order for $205. Ock has proven so popular toysera are doing a second batch which is due Q1 2021

Honestly I've noticed that a lot, like The Tank was sold out, but then was in stock at TNS and Giantoy for a while from about a month or so after release.

Well he took almost 5 weeks to get here, but he was worth the wait. I haven't futzed with him much other than to add ankle extenders (the pants are plenty long enough, so no alterations required). Here's a quick phone pic:

Doc Ock 2.jpeg

Back