Toys Era - Guardians of the Galaxy - Ronan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, OK. I forgot about the not-provider battery. Yeah, its really hard to find that battery here in the States. In fact, I can't.

Anyway, how do you like him?
Dude! I love him! The outfit is amazing, and the face details look perfect to me.

but I have some tips people may not like…

So, the headdress and the shoulder/upper arm armor is pretty much one piece as he comes to you. The upper arm plates appear to be glued to the arms and it basically makes him close to impossible to get out of a museum pose if you leave it that way.

I chose to detach the arm armor and basically let it float. But it’s pretty easy to re-align that armor AFTER you pose him, and it still looks great, and I would argue MORE natural because if it were real armor it would follow your movements.

If you DON’T do that small mod, he’s basically going to be pretty close to a statue, as someone said earlier.
The legs move apart on ratchets to over 90° and move forward by about the same, but I’m having a little difficulty moving the legs backward (but I’ve only had him for an hour or two) so I haven’t had a chance to determine if it’s the costume or the body that is causing this.

Also, yeah, he’s gonna need those ankle extenders. Flat on his feet he’s the same, or possibly even just a bit shorter than Drax.

Anyway, all in all I’d say he’s a Must Have if you’re a Guardians fan. He looks amazing on the shelf with the display especially if you’re brave enough to attempt some minor tweaks…

Go Get Him!

652D0E58C5044BDB9733.jpeg

Last edited:
He's a deceptively simple figure but Toys Era has given him some pizzazz with the various textures on the outfit and the red highlights really pop. Your pictures make him looks great.

Looks great and they pretty much nailed the head sculpt of the actor.

It is too late for me to jump aboard the GotG train, at this time, but this would definitely be a must-have for the collection.

Dude! I love him! The outfit is amazing, and the face details look perfect to me.

but I have some tips people may not like…

So, the headdress and the shoulder/upper arm armor is pretty much one piece as he comes to you. The upper arm plates appear to be glued to the arms and it basically makes him close to impossible to get out of a museum pose if you leave it that way.

I chose to detach the arm armor and basically let it float. But it’s pretty easy to re-align that armor AFTER you pose him, and it still looks great, and I would argue MORE natural because if it were real armor it would follow your movements.

If you DON’T do that small mod, he’s basically going to be pretty close to a statue, as someone said earlier.
The legs move apart on ratchets to over 90° and move forward by about the same, but I’m having a little difficulty moving the legs backward (but I’ve only had him for an hour or two) so I haven’t had a chance to determine if it’s the costume or the body that is causing this.

Also, yeah, he’s gonna need those ankle extenders. Flat on his feet he’s the same, or possibly even just a bit shorter than Drax.

Anyway, all in all I’d say he’s a Must Have if you’re a Guardians fan. He looks amazing on the shelf with the display especially if you’re brave enough to attempt some minor tweaks…

Go Get Him!

652D0E58C5044BDB9733.jpeg

Looks like a good idea to me. Just to clarify, are you referring to the armor plate just below/tucked under the large shoulder pad? After detaching it's still attached to the shoulder pad though, right? Anything to worry about with respect to glue residue or damage to the arm material when detaching it? I ask because I'm now wondering if it's possible to detach that plate from the shoulder piece instead, but then the top of it might not look "finished".

Looks like a good idea to me. Just to clarify, are you referring to the armor plate just below/tucked under the large shoulder pad? After detaching it's still attached to the shoulder pad though, right? Anything to worry about with respect to glue residue or damage to the arm material when detaching it? I ask because I'm now wondering if it's possible to detach that plate from the shoulder piece instead, but then the top of it might not look "finished".

To clarify, the armor seems to be attached at the upper arm just a bit lower down from the shoulder, and the upper arm armor, shoulder armor, and headdress are all attached and remain attached after you detach the upper arm armor from the under suit. It looks like they just used a tiny bead of glue to attach the armor, so (for me at least) it was easy to detach and there was no damage.
To be honest, mine because detached pretty much by accident as I was trying to pose the figure. That said, I certainly recommend caution in case my experience was just a fluke. You definitely don’t want to tear or blemish the under suit.

But once done, he becomes a fully poseable figure give or take. It would have been impossible to raise his arms over his head as I was able to do in one of my shots above without that small mod.

To clarify, the armor seems to be attached at the upper arm just a bit lower down from the shoulder, and the upper arm armor, shoulder armor, and headdress are all attached and remain attached after you detach the upper arm armor from the under suit. It looks like they just used a tiny bead of glue to attach the armor, so (for me at least) it was easy to detach and there was no damage.
To be honest, mine because detached pretty much by accident as I was trying to pose the figure. That said, I certainly recommend caution in case my experience was just a fluke. You definitely don’t want to tear or blemish the under suit.

But once done, he becomes a fully poseable figure give or take. It would have been impossible to raise his arms over his head as I was able to do in one of my shots above without that small mod.

Thanks, QuiGon - I appreciate your insights. Mine's in Ohio right now, so I should have him in the next few days.

How did you know! Yeah only the “visible” parts of the body are blue. Guess TE couldn’t afford to engineer a completely custom body.
Only noticeable if you’re looking, though.

I imagine this figure will take some hits when the major reviews start to come out from the usual suspects, but I couldn’t be happier!

Just gotta get ankle extenders. Will try to detach that biceps armor to allow more arm movement.

Haven’t fully messed with it yet but what concerns me is that rubber pieces behind him. It reminds me of the rubber boots on the Batman figure that tends to produce some kind of grease in the long run. I keep my room constantly cool but I sense if it gets exposed to hot weather that might be a problem in the long run.

I’ll try to find that extra battery I have for Thor’s aftermarket hammer and check out the lighting effect on Ronan’s hammer.

Headsculpt is almost spot on. He feels a tad short for some reason.

I don’t know what it’s called but it looks like the Thor hammer battery I have. Not a 100% sure if it’s the same but will let you know. It should have come with the figure but we can’t be spoiled.

Back