Prop Toynami/Cinemaquette/HCG presents: BATWING & BATMOBILE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your piece, jrice73. It is a beauty, looking forward to checking out the pics.

Thanks! My pics are up. Some are not too good but I did them in a hurry. I'll post better ones at a later date.

So are you gonna leave it as t is or are you gonna color correct it and fix the front wheels too ?

My front wheels were sitting too deep like that too, so i fixed it and also color corrected a number os things too.

So are you gonna leave it as t is or are you gonna color correct it and fix the front wheels too ?

My front wheels were sitting too deep like that too, so i fixed it and also color corrected a number os things too.

Maybe in the near future. But right now I need to get some gloss black automotive touch up paint because there are three paint chips on the car. They are not noticeable at a distance, but you will see them up close for sure. Sucks to pay two grand for this piece then get it home and its got issues. Oh, well. C'est la vie I guess.

Maybe in the near future. But right now I need to get some gloss black automotive touch up paint because there are three paint chips on the car. They are not noticeable at a distance, but you will see them up close for sure. Sucks to pay two grand for this piece then get it home and its got issues. Oh, well. C'est la vie I guess.

Which part of the car got paint chip ?
I usually use enamel paint.

Leather seats too...

6324478357_cbc53ccf71.jpg

Which part of the car got paint chip ?
I usually use enamel paint.

The first chip is on the edge of the cockpit canopy on the right side right below the roof, the other chip is on the very edge of the channel on the right side where the cockpit slides along and a cracked but not chipped speck on the hood. Yeah, just sucks. But what are you doing to do? No way am I going to try to get another one as I bet it would take months and months to get a replacement through Cinemaquette. I got this one from Action Figure Xpress because they had it in stock (apparently got their last one too). Canceled my order with Secret Compass to get this one simply because I did not want to wait any longer. Beyond the paint chips, this Batmobile rocks the house. I really, really dig it and as I'm getting ready to sit down and play Arkham City for the first time, I'm about ready to go into Batman overload.

about the batmobile, but why would anybody buy this uber expensive batmobile when you got the Hot Toys version coming up wich will be cheaper and will have more features?

about the batmobile, but why would anybody buy this uber expensive batmobile when you got the Hot Toys version coming up wich will be cheaper and will have more features?

This has been discussed ad naseum. Some prefer the look, scale, feel and features of this one, and some prefer the look, scale and features of the HT version.

Is so funny when people cant afford the Toynami version and then start talkibg ____ about the Toynami version and goid thing about the Hot Toy lol , Im buying both Batmobile , but wowi , i really like the obe From Toynami !! Yes... I know The Hot Toy is cheaper but u cant compare the quality , Toynami is alot lot better! Thats the one i really want :)

Fresh new paint work.
Goodbye gloss black....
Just the way I like it.

I guess better pics come later when i get around to take better pics.
But for now, you can settle with a quick phone pic.

423997_507354516189_86800098_30105828_175853519_n.jpg

Great!! Thats the true and only Batmobile! The Toynami Version! I pre-order the HT version and I bought the Toynami Version! The HT Batmobile is just to match with the Batman Figure but now...The Toynami version...WOW!! That looks so good....Im buying a Display case for that one :)

Yeah the toynami version has a better shape overall but to make it real nice you need to color correct it.
That's what I did with mine.

Sick!

That custom diorama looks great too. Very Burton-esque.

Do you plan to get the Keaton DX?

Well, you don't notice the waviness of the bodywork much anymore in flat black. I apologize, but I just don't like it like this. Looks blah to me now. I definitely don't agree with painting the wheels. Every Batmobile I can think of had silver wheels. Now it looks like a Stealth bomber. Don't forget the 303 Aerospace protectant for those tires. :)

Well, you don't notice the waviness of the bodywork much anymore in flat black. I apologize, but I just don't like it like this. Looks blah to me now. I definitely don't agree with painting the wheels. Every Batmobile I can think of had silver wheels. Now it looks like a Stealth bomber. Don't forget the 303 Aerospace protectant for those tires. :)

It's not completely flat black now, there is some gloss to it. It's much improved from the high gloss, mirror-like finish Toynami originally had on it.

As for the wheels, Jed's repaint corrects them to how they appeared in Batman Returns. Black hubcaps with silver center Bat-caps. In Batman 89, they were gun metal colored, like the turbine engine (silver is too bright and flashy). Jed's repaint of the body and wheels makes it a much better representation of the Batman Returns styling than what Toynami originally had...all black hubcaps and black center bat-caps--a look that appeared in neither movie.

It's not completely flat black now, there is some gloss to it. It's much improved from the high gloss, mirror-like finish Toynami originally had on it.

As for the wheels, Jed's repaint corrects them to how they appeared in Batman Returns. Black hubcaps with silver center Bat-caps. In Batman 89, they were gun metal colored, like the turbine engine (silver is too bright and flashy). Jed's repaint of the body and wheels makes it a much better representation of the Batman Returns styling than what Toynami originally had...all black hubcaps and black center bat-caps--a look that appeared in neither movie.

Ok, I guess it's somewhat of a satin black. I'm just waiting for a Batmobile painted in the silver of the 89, and I want to see it in full sunlight.

Back