Toy Traders in Langley Pre orders frustratons.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini2x2

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi there, I wanted to share my frustration I have with a company called Toy traders. Toy Traders is a very nice Toy store located in Langley B.C.
Usually I will visit their store once a month because I love to go to their store to check out new and old 1/6 figures. However, I have experienced two occasions where I pre order a while in advance, the store would charge us after market ebay pricing for the new arrivals of preorders.
First was hot toys cat woman, msrp was $200 but selling for $250.
Second was 1/4 TDKR msrp $485 but selling for $600.
why do they do that Toy Traders?
I thought preorder means reserving for Msrp prices.
The mark up is a bit extreme.
SideShow and hot toys, do you allow such actions from your distributees?
please share your in put Sideshow.

Uhm we live in a free market economy, Capitalism to be specific. They can charge what they like because : where is the written contract they have with you to sell at sideshow prices? If you want msp order from sideshow direct.

I guess you can say it's my fault, but when I called to preorder. Toy Trader was playing mysterious with us. Toy trader's reply was, we don't really know, but why wouldn't you know if you if you are taking preorders.
anyways, if you guys are welling to pay $125 mark up, that's fine with me cus it's your money, I am not trying to force Toy Trader to do anything, I don't expect them to do me any favors just because I am posting. Just want to post this to see how you guys feel when this happens to you?
I got these figures from different sources after.
I am sorry Toy Traders, but I think our definition of preorder is different.
for me, is msrp. for you, is cha ching.....

I wish Toy Trader would be honest about it and tell me in advance that the preorder price will be marked up to $600 dollars so I can make better decisions, and deal with other companies eariler to secure the purchase. I just think it's a very poor way to do business this way, but it's a free market like you said. do you work for them by the way?

Most places I know when you pre order the price is set. Never had a place say to me after pre order the price has changed. Sounds dodgey to me.

LOL are you kidding me dude? I hate retailers who mark up stuff but you sound kind of immature. you preordered and basically bought stuff from a store that would not tell you the actual price and are now crying about it? you had multiple options. one was pushing them for a price or not buying it from them. and no, nobody here works for them it is just you that was silly.

freestyle, I am sorry I didn't cry :) I don't know why you are attacking in a peaceful post.
is this the best way you can communicate? you must be a very unhappy person.

lol such an original comeback with the "you are an unhappy person" thing. i think you are the unhappy one judging by the fact that you made this thread and get scammed by your comic book shop.

Toy trader usually has some good prices. I would not preorder anything until they have in stock though.

Unfortunate with this hobby, I find that the local comic shops mark up there prices a lot. I had a falling out with a LCS dealer because his prices for preorder was different from what he stated before I ordered it. I buy more stuff via etailers or eBay now. It's really crappy we lost SuperPowerCollectibles now.

Last edited:
thanks VS1976 for the info.
no thanks to freetylex06x, did not offer anything constructive at all. kind of wasted my time reading your replies, hope you improve your personality in the long run, and maybe people will take your comments more seriously. :) no offence, but you have the most original wasteful replies on the internet to be honest.

Last edited:
You also have to factor that they also pay shipping, taxes and US dollar to CAD convertion.

I'm a long time customer of TT and never have a problem with them.

Hi there, I wanted to share my frustration I have with a company called Toy traders. Toy Traders is a very nice Toy store located in Langley B.C.
Usually I will visit their store once a month because I love to go to their store to check out new and old 1/6 figures. However, I have experienced two occasions where I pre order a while in advance, the store would charge us after market ebay pricing for the new arrivals of preorders.
First was hot toys cat woman, msrp was $200 but selling for $250.
Second was 1/4 TDKR msrp $485 but selling for $600.
why do they do that Toy Traders?
I thought preorder means reserving for Msrp prices.
The mark up is a bit extreme.
SideShow and hot toys, do you allow such actions from your distributees?
please share your in put Sideshow.

so does every other stores in town, they have to factor in the shipping. tax and everything. example. urban samurai hobby and metropolis comics both honor the at least the msrp or 10% discount for PreOrders.

so does every other stores in town, they have to factor in the shipping. tax and everything. example. urban samurai hobby and metropolis comics both honor the at least the msrp or 10% discount for PreOrders.

The difference is you have to pay the preorder up front.

Now I just went through an inquiry regarding trading, and TT is a complete ripoff. I couldn't believe the lowball offer they made to me.

metropolis and urban samurai doesn't need to pay up front for preorders either.

vs1976 their trades are getting worse now.
they were going to give me $35 trade value for a toy I just sold for $250 last week on ebay.

vs1976 what were you trading? maybe I am interested. :p

My entire McFarlane NHL Series..

vs1976 their trades are getting worse now.
they were going to give me $35 trade value for a toy I just sold for $250 last week on ebay.

Thats a big difference...

metropolis and urban samurai doesn't need to pay up front for preorders either.

Maybe for you???? Metropolis wants 25% up front and Urban is 10%. I don't preorder anything from LCS anymore....

I use Urban Samurai Hobbies a lot and I never pay a cent until the item comes into stock.

I pre order with my CC and when it comes into stock and is ready to ship then my CC gets charged.

Back