Toy Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if anybody else is having trouble with Toy Origin? I placed an order for a Hot Toys Coruscant Guard back in January of this year. I paid the deposit and shortly after, I paid the remaining balance when I got an email from them asking for it. The figure had been released at several other places already, so I figured it'd be arriving shortly. Unfortunately, it still hasn't arrived. I tried contacting them via email and by posting on their Facebook, but I've had no luck getting a response(the auto response from the actually says that they don't respond to questions about when something is going to arrive, which was concerning). If they're not getting the figure in, I'd be happy to transfer my balance to something that's in stock to just to call it even, but since I'm unable to contact them, I'm in kind of a limbo state.

It's kind of a bummer as you can see in my responses from 2018, I had a nice conversation with the person who posted this thread initially to advertise for Toy Origin and ended up placing two orders through them that arrived with no problems at all. I was happy to support their business, but I wish I could just work something out with them or at least have some kind of assurance that they're going to eventually get the figure I paid for in stock. As it stands, the item is still showing as a pre-order item on their website.
They stole $200 from me so I wouldn't expect to hear back from them at all.

I'm wondering if anybody else is having trouble with Toy Origin? I placed an order for a Hot Toys Coruscant Guard back in January of this year. I paid the deposit and shortly after, I paid the remaining balance when I got an email from them asking for it. The figure had been released at several other places already, so I figured it'd be arriving shortly. Unfortunately, it still hasn't arrived. I tried contacting them via email and by posting on their Facebook, but I've had no luck getting a response(the auto response from the actually says that they don't respond to questions about when something is going to arrive, which was concerning). If they're not getting the figure in, I'd be happy to transfer my balance to something that's in stock to just to call it even, but since I'm unable to contact them, I'm in kind of a limbo state.

It's kind of a bummer as you can see in my responses from 2018, I had a nice conversation with the person who posted this thread initially to advertise for Toy Origin and ended up placing two orders through them that arrived with no problems at all. I was happy to support their business, but I wish I could just work something out with them or at least have some kind of assurance that they're going to eventually get the figure I paid for in stock. As it stands, the item is still showing as a pre-order item on their website.
You may be able to do a charge back for that remaining balance, depending on when you made it. I would contact your CC company, or PayPal.

They clearly don’t respond to emails nor care about negative reviews.

For those who might not already know, someone in Canada (Daniel Ortega) is taking on Paul and his Toy Origin scam. He's created a FB group where people can share their stories.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1196025907992837/
He's also meeting with a journalist from Global Toronto who is apparently preparing a story about Paul's crimes and will be passing on documented evidence from his many victims, which I and others have already contributed to.

Lastly, everyone should be aware that Paul has created another company, One Sixth Outlet, which is running same scam as Toy Origins. Additionally, he's on a platform called Kijiji (apparently a Canadian craigslist) and is "selling" on there too.

https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/100...1_ewNNkTHkeRO1gc7OphHjKfPFo86BpHihDMSBfh0bTYQ
Hopefully, if the word is spread enough at the very least we can stop this scammer from getting anyone else.

Good, I hope they get this guy shut down. I can't remember who, but there are quite a few folks in the Gunslinger thread that got screwed, hopefully they see this.

Good, I hope they get this guy shut down. I can't remember who, but there are quite a few folks in the Gunslinger thread that got screwed, hopefully they see this.
I almost posted this info in there too, but the thread looked like it had moved on and I didn't want to derail it. But I do hope people are learning to stay far away from this guy.

Great news! I’m surprised Daniel’s not active on here…

I know Paul got quite of a few of us here. His victims have grown a lot this year (just going by his trust pilot reviews). Can’t wait to see him go down lol.

Back