Total Recall (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just rented this movie and I am going to the best buy in the morning to buy it.
wow that was ****ing awsome.
the first one was cool because arnold was in it but it was so cheesy.
this movie is way better then the original.

wow that was a sick sifi action film.
the soundtrack by Harry Gregson-williams (Metal Gear) made it a Most own for me.
as soon as the movie started I recognized Harry's work and the score sounds so bad ***.

man ! loved kate in this movie so HOT and deadly.
being a long time we have had a good Villainesses.
she made sharon stone like crap.

one of my favorite movies of 2012 for sure.

I got this on blu for Christmas, and I really enjoyed it as well! :yess:
I don't get the hate. I seriously don't. Sure, this isn't perfect, but neither was the original.
The story is similar, but there are enough differences, be it in setting or characters that it isn't a blatant copy of the original. The world and all the technology they created looked awesome! I was very happily surprised by how awesome this film was. Thrilling to the end, that's for sure!! :rock :rock

I recently saw this and I didn't hate it, but the first version is far superior.
The effects were top notch, and it was fun but it lacked the mystery of whether this was a simulation or real life the first movie did so well.
I didn't once think this was a simulation, mostly because of the dream Quaid has at the beginning (the new one is more of Quaid as a spy), and that you're introduced to many of the conspiracy characters before he goes to Rekal, also that this takes place entirely on Earth. The first one at least broke away from his previous life once he went to Mars, introducing you to new characters that could've been entirely simulated.
I also didn't like how many obvious winks at the audience about the first movie. If they're going to remake a movie, don't remind the audience that the first movie exists, it just draws immediate comparison and takes me out of the movie experience.
Still, I liked it as a big dumb action movie.

I recently saw this and I didn't hate it, but the first version is far superior.
The effects were top notch, and it was fun but it lacked the mystery of whether this was a simulation or real life the first movie did so well.
I didn't once think this was a simulation, mostly because of the dream Quaid has at the beginning (the new one is more of Quaid as a spy), and that you're introduced to many of the conspiracy characters before he goes to Rekal, also that this takes place entirely on Earth. The first one at least broke away from his previous life once he went to Mars, introducing you to new characters that could've been entirely simulated.
I also didn't like how many obvious winks at the audience about the first movie. If they're going to remake a movie, don't remind the audience that the first movie exists, it just draws immediate comparison and takes me out of the movie experience.
Still, I liked it as a big dumb action movie.

I Agree with this. Thought this was a fun movie, but felt all the nods to the original were forced and really disliked the halfassed attempt at the end to "trick" the audience when Quaid lifts the bandage and doesn't see a needle mark. At that point, I'm still not even sure why they even bothered with it. If they'd wanted to go that route, they should've just borrowed from the original and cut out the whole epilogue.

I think I am picking this up first time I notice it dirt cheap. Despite the mixed reviews, the commercials for the DVD look much better than the theatricals did. :cuckoo:

After Prometheus, I agree.

Early on when you see Quaid simply walking down the streets was my favorite part of the film. Loved the futuristic designs of the city, police robots, vehicles, etc.

Liked this more than I thought I would. Loved the design of the two 'cities', especially loved the concept of the magnetic freeway and the mechinism to switch between roads.

Kate Beckinsale's character combined both Sharon Stone and Michael Ironside's from the original, who can argue with more Kate?

My main gripe was the nods to the original. They should have had the confidence to stand apart, not keep reminding people that this is a remake.

I recently watched this and while I enjoyed it, it lacks the fun of the original, and with Ironsides character missing I felt the wife just hung around too long despite her being hot ;) where the chases seemed more broken up in the oiginal

Back