Total Recall (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen this yet, but I am wondering if the best thing about this film was that we got a new blu-ray of the original film with a brand new transfer...

I haven't seen this yet, but I am wondering if the best thing about this film was that we got a new blu-ray of the original film with a brand new transfer...

My copy of the Mind Bending Edition is sitting on the shelf still wrapped. Impressions of the video quality say it's pretty impressive given its age.

I don't see this movie doing much more than breaking even. It looked like an expensive movie. $200+ million or something like that?

I should've bought it when it was like, $5 on Amazon or something like that. Still only $10. Might look into it. Waiting for a more stacked Verhoeven sci-fi collection on blu ray.

the only thing that made this movie okay was kate beckinsale, the old movie was much better

"you've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here Hauser!"

"look who's talking."

Can't beat the lines in the original. I thought the robot army was more Mass Effect than I Robot.

Yeah, Robots definitely had a Mass Effect vibe.

Total Recall 1990 opening weekend $25,533,700
Total Recall 2012 opening weekend with the benefit of 3D sales $25,577,758

Looks like it's a flop to me.

Again, it's was within their estimates, but I think it might have trouble later on---it's not likely to continue making much money, since there's several popular movies coming out (Bourne)

Saw this tonight. Honestly i really enjoyed it. Great action, fast paced, and some steller special effects, they did a good job. The only thing is if your a huge fan of the original your going to see alot of things coming. I wanted there to be a big twist that you didnt see coming that sperates this from the first but it didnt come.

Other than that this is a solid action movie, Kate's amazingly hot and bada$$ as always. Ill pick this up on Blu Ray. Not as good as the original but has its moments.

Total Recall 1990 opening weekend $25,533,700
Total Recall 2012 opening weekend with the benefit of 3D sales $25,577,758

Looks like it's a flop to me.

Total Recalls not in 3D ? :dunno

But i see where your coming from, its not an amazing opening, but for this kind of movie you have to be realistic, they didnt really have a postive buzz.

376606_3708038385181_1623752126_n.jpg

Back