Total recall (1990) 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original is a great watch if a little dated now but the remake was just terrible. Much like the Robocop remake there was just nothing memorable about it.
I already know this will be an unpopular opinion around here as some people are hardcore fans of the original Robocop and while I do like it I think it's a bit overrated to be honest. It really hasn't aged that well at all and the main reason I enjoy it is for nostalgia and certain scenes. The parodies and satire in it are great but some stuff about it is kind of cringeworthy and also I sort of find it hard to really empathize with the Murphy character since he really isn't given that much time to develop before he gets blasted all to hell and becomes Robocop. It's really one of those films that's more like a B-Movie classic but isn't necessarily as great as what some people think it is.

Now the remake is far from perfect and definitely has flaws of it's own, but I actually think that it gets bashed a lot just because it's a remake and people instantly hate that fact. I think that taken as it's own thing though it's really not a bad film at all and truthfully isn't even really a direct remake of the original but more like the filmmakers telling their own version of the story in a universe that's somewhat similar to that of the original and uses the concept of Robocop. I think that Murphy actually being given just a bit of screen time before he became Robocop made it a bit easier to care about him even if he was less memorable than the Peter Weller version. Also Gary Oldman as Robocop's doctor was fricken fantastic in my honest opinion and Michael Keaton gave a pretty decent performance as the villain too. Overall I think that both films have their good and their bad but I do find that the remake is unfairly bashed at times.

Back