Top Gear (UK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final Top Gear episode was good. it was a typical show for the most part. Obviously it wasn't suppose to be the last, so it does feel a little lackluster.

Happy to hear they signed on with Amazon! Means they'll have a lot of creative freedom and I cannot wait to see the show and see what they come up with! I'm assuming they'll go global like always, but also I wonder if they'll have a studio and test track....and where would it be? Would they stay in Great Britain or make the move to the USA?

Their contract blocked them from making a similar show with a UK broadcaster for 2 years.
I think it will still be British based though.

Yeah you're prob right, although filmed globally (and in the UK a lot), I'm sure they'll want to keep their studio and test track in the UK.

Just read their deal is 36 episodes over three years.

Disappointed to see they went with Amazon, I refuse to pay more money for tv. I hand Virgin media £115 a month, I was hoping their new show would be on an existing HD broadcaster.

BT sport is free on virgin media I think. Maybe just for sky sports customers? I'm not sure tbh, I have it but it is included, I don't pay extra. They do increse prices regularly however with the same excuse every time... Sky are raising their prices and it has to be passed on to us. Bit fed up now, I may try and haggle them down again soon but they don't seem to go for that so much these days, they just call your bluff and let you leave lol..

You get it with the XL TV.
I'm tight :lol Basic TV, Internet & Phone. Don't use the Phone or Internet, mobile for them.

Don't think I'll even bother trying the Evans Top Gear. He wants Jenson Button as the test driver.

I wonder what they'll call the show? Not sure if they were real rumors or just fan speculation, but I heard people say "House Of Cars" a lot.

I wonder what they'll call the show? Not sure if they were real rumors or just fan speculation, but I heard people say "House Of Cars" a lot.

"Tonight on House of Cars!"

I'm so happy the trio is back. Jeremy, Richard ad James are inseparable, it's only a matter of time till a network bids the highest amount for the trio. I just hope this new show would shamelessly follow the old format closely.

I'm done with Top Gear UK, I really don't care who they get to replace the hosts. Hear that, BBC? :lol

Just noticed that most of the posters here are from the UK. I might be the only Asian here. :lol

I'm done with Top Gear UK, I really don't care who they get to replace the hosts. Hear that, BBC? :lol

images-3.jpeg

I'll may check out the new BBC Top Gear just to see how they revamp it. But Top Gear prior to the "fracas" wasn't just a status quo car entertainment show, it was special because of its three performers. What will be the new Top Gear for me is what Jeremy, Richard and James will be making for Amazon. Just need a name to start calling it by! :)

I REALLY hope they keep the The Allman Brothers Band "Jessica" theme song, it's not like BBC owns the rights to it, I think.

I REALLY hope they keep the The Allman Brothers Band "Jessica" theme song, it's not like BBC owns the rights to it, I think.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I bet they get a new song, as much as they love their old show, I'm sure they want to distance themselves from it by eliminating the obvious. But who knows? Maybe BBC owns the rights to the Top Gear version anyways? (It is a different heavier versions of the song).

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I bet they get a new song, as much as they love their old show, I'm sure they want to distance themselves from it by eliminating the obvious. But who knows? Maybe BBC owns the rights to the Top Gear version anyways? (It is a different heavier versions of the song).

The cover version on Top Gear is indeed made for the show, but the actual song itself is not owned by BBC. I just wished they'll keep it, for iconography's sake. :lol

Also, a Stig-like chap would be great! Ok, I'm asking too much. :lol

The cover version on Top Gear is indeed made for the show, but the actual song itself is not owned by BBC. I just wished they'll keep it, for iconography's sake. :lol

Also, a Stig-like chap would be great! Ok, I'm asking too much. :lol
They are doing a stig. They are actually debating if it should be a woman. Also, the downside to this show is that it will actually lose a lot of viewers just due to it not being on TV. I hope they destroy the ongoing top gear. Bbc are a bunch of idiots to let these guys go. The new lineup whoever they get, will be a dud.

Back