TOP 5 FIGURES you know as a COLLECTOR that WE WILL NEVER SEE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
holy crap, that is SO amazing. any release date or price for those?

They are already out a Target Exclusive $39.99 pricepoint. According to the MR Reps they were a one-time deal made specifically for Nintendo and Target to promote the Twilight Princess Video Game.

yruh8n said:
1) Rameriez from Highlander. It was cruel of Sideshow to start this line, knowing there would be no figure of Rameriez. The head shouldn't be hard to come by, but where am I going to find someone to make that costume?

How do you know for a fact that Ramirez will not be made? They did Connery as Bond so likeness is not an issue. Ramirez has just as much chance of getting made as Midieval Kurgan. I'm thinking 07 may finally bring us both. Sideshow knows the demand is there for these figures. They will probably be exclusives like X-Files Krycek and Skinner but I have faith they will both be made.

decadentdave said:
How do you know for a fact that Ramirez will not be made? They did Connery as Bond so likeness is not an issue. Ramirez has just as much chance of getting made as Midieval Kurgan. I'm thinking 07 may finally bring us both. Sideshow knows the demand is there for these figures. They will probably be exclusives like X-Files Krycek and Skinner but I have faith they will both be made.

ALL Bond actors have had their likness rights signed away as soon as they signed on to do the movie. However Connery never signed any likeness rights to his character in Highlander. And never will. He has said, or at least made reference to the fact, that he was not proud of his role in Highlander. Also SS has made it VERY clear that they, nor anyone else, have likeness rights to Connery in Highlander.

Jedi_Mike said:
They are already out a Target Exclusive $39.99 pricepoint. According to the MR Reps they were a one-time deal made specifically for Nintendo and Target to promote the Twilight Princess Video Game.

Thanks a lot, seems like I have to go to target tomorrow.

It's a dead cert we'll never see the following EU characters from the old Marvel Star Wars comics (much as I'd love to see them):
* Jaxxon
* Crimson Jack
* Valance the Hunter
* Baron Tagge

I'm hoping we WILL see the following:
* Dark Empire Luke
* Lobot
* B'omarr Monk (woulda been nice as part of Jabba's Throne Room)

I did not know that Chase but that's why you are King. I can understand Connery not being proud of his appearance in Highlander 2 which was pathetic but Highlander I is a classic. Maybe some company will come out with a replica and call it "The Immortal" like the "Android Hunter" from Blade Runner. There are always legal ways to get around licensing issues. Ditto for Man With No Name.

Anyway, here are my Top 5 (actually more like Top 5 licenses because I can't have just 1 from each):

1. Gladiator Maximus and General Maximus with dog Hell (Hot Toys, please?).
2. A Clockwork Orange Alex DeLarge and Droogs Pete, Georgie and Dim.
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey astronaut Dave Bowman with Monolith and Star Child.
4. Apocalypse Now Kurtz, Willard, Kilgore, Chief, Lance, Chef, Clean, The Roach.
5. Khan Noonian Singh from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (again, Hot Toys with that manly muscle body chest!)

Jedi_Mike said:
As for the 60's Batman, its a possibility as well, Adam West signed over his likeness for a Family Guy figure of himself and while not really what we are looking for its a start.

The problem with this isn't Adam West. The TV series is co-owned by Time/Warner and 20th Century Fox. They can't come to terms with who owns controling ownership and rights. That's why there is no Batman series on DVD. The movie is available because there was some kind of loophole, but no TV episodes (or other licensed merchandised based on the characters) until someone buys out the other. The batmobile is a whole other story.

I would also like to see classic Star Trek. There were prototypes made that were excellant, and frankly as good if not better likenesses than the Sideshow offerings, but apparently there was some kind of licensing hold up on these as well. Problem is a lot of people who have control of these properties believe they are worth a LOT more than they really are, so the rights become difficult to impossible to get. Or so I have been told.

1: A 1/6 scale Darkness from Legend. The exposed upper torso and muscular build would be nearly impossible to capture in an articulated 12" body.

2: A 1/6 line from Fight Club. I have heard Brad Pit is notoriously lame about offering his likeness. What an ass clown.

3: A 1/6 line from Se7en. For the reason above.

4: A 1/6 line of Hellraiser figures. For some reason I just don't see this happening. I know the license is out there because of NECA, but I cant see SS doing this line. Also I would love to see these in PF, but that seems equally unlikely.

5: A 1/6 line from Lost Boys. If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now.

Edward Woodward "The Equalizer".In trenchcoat,suit and glasses with a killer sculpt!Complete with PPK,Desert Eagle .44 and that springy knife thing he fired at Adam Ant in an early episode.With "Mcalls Flat" playset with hiddeen armoury and other goodies.One for Hot Toys to do.

decadentdave said:
Anyway, here are my Top 5 (actually more like Top 5 licenses because I can't have just 1 from each):

1. Gladiator Maximus and General Maximus with dog Hell (Hot Toys, please?).
2. A Clockwork Orange Alex DeLarge and Droogs Pete, Georgie and Dim.
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey astronaut Dave Bowman with Monolith and Star Child.
4. Apocalypse Now Kurtz, Willard, Kilgore, Chief, Lance, Chef, Clean, The Roach.
5. Khan Noonian Singh from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (again, Hot Toys with that manly muscle body chest!)

A little of the ol' in-out-in-out ultra violence...
DSC05507.jpg

Not worth the price point or are you just looking for a set of the Droogs? Pretty badass figure though.

1) A Clockwork Orange line (how cool would that be to have a David Prowse figure?)
2) Great Composers line (Mozart, Liszt, Chopin, Beethoven etc..)
3) M*A*S*H line
4) Nirvana (that would be cool to have in scale, me thinks)
5) Northern Exposure line (this would never happen and might possibly be slightly stupid anyway).

1.A decent 1/6 Han Solo
Is it too much to ask for one figure of Han that actually has an awesome headsculpt (even after the production painters have been let loose on it),a well tailored outfit with a gunbelt that doesn't fall to pieces if you look at it too hard and that is on a decent base body?

2.Chewbacca in 1/6 scale with "real" fur that looks convincing.
There have been several customs that look pretty good but I doubt whether a production figure could be done to the same standards because customiser's don't have to work to the kind of deadlines that companies do.

3.R2-D2 with removable Kenny Baker.

4.Dirty Harry
An official one,not a Japanese "looks a bit like Clint" knockoff.

5.Kareem Abdul Jabbar as "Hakim" from Game Of Death
Enterbay have said they are intrested in doing other characters from Bruce Lee's movies (subject to licensing issues) but even so I would be suprised if they took on the challenge of such a huge figure.

sladesuperagent said:
A little of the ol' in-out-in-out ultra violence...
DSC05507.jpg

Not worth the price point or are you just looking for a set of the Droogs? Pretty badass figure though.

BLIMEY! That is a beautiful figure! Who makes it and how much? I must have one!

Just read Michael Crawford's review. So this was made by CRM Toys. Looked on ebay but none to be found although I did find the Jack Torrance by CRM. I also checked Popsalute but they didn't have it either. Anybody know who else might have one? Also, Michael Crawford's review said something about a "Crime Cure" Alex being available as well. I'm assuming this is alex in the straight jacket with the electrodes and eyelid fasteners? Does anybody know anything about this?

Back