Top 10 Television Series Of The Decade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Top 10 Television Series' Of The Decade

some of these i never caught on original run. funny that several of them got canceled after 1 or 2 years

Veronica Mars
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Joan of Arcadia
Ugly Betty
Survivor
Amazing Race
Deadwood
Chuck
American Idol

Whats really weird also is that several of those on my list the lead character is female. :dunno

I've been thinking about giving Chuck a try. We usually pick a series to watch on DVD over the summer ... I think its between Chuck and Burn Notice this time around.

SnakeDoc

I was about to put Wonderfalls and Joan of Arcadia on my list as well. They both had such a great quirky qualities. I think shows with unique voices have a hard time catching on with mainstream viewers, or they are not given a chance to catch on before being cancelled.

Still--I would rather see a short run of a show where the quality is maintained (the BBC model) than a show that runs an idea into the ground and keeps on going. US television is so driven by the desire to get a show syndicated. Oh well . . . it is show BUSINESS.

some of these i never caught on original run. funny that several of them got canceled after 1 or 2 years

Veronica Mars
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Joan of Arcadia
Ugly Betty
Survivor
Amazing Race
Deadwood
Chuck
American Idol

Whats really weird also is that several of those on my list the lead character is female. :dunno

Top 10?...
Wow, I can barely think of 5 TV shows I watch!! :lol:lol

Lost
The Office (both US & UK)
Blade
Rome
C.S.I. (Vegas and Miami, but I haven't watched the current seasons...)
C.S.I.
Heroes (Season 1)
Prison Break (Season 1 and 2 only)
Two and a Half Men

That's it...
I still need to check out 24, The Sopranos and BSG eventually...

Last edited:

This is one of my favorite Dwight moments. It reminded me of how dorky all those Joker fans are. :lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKxuBW3r-lU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKxuBW3r-lU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I love that as well. :rotfl

Two and a Half Men

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Man vs. Food

Everyday Italian

The Daily Show

The Soup

Don't watch too much :D

Top 10?...
Wow, I can barely think of 5 TV shows I watch!! :lol:lol
[...] I still need to check out 24, The Sopranos and BSG eventually...

Yeah, I had a bit of trouble coming up with 10 myself. A couple I listed I haven't quite finished on DVD ... but I've liked them so far. Being married, I do watch a few others -- Biggest Loser, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, etc. -- that won't make my list.

I cannot recommend 24 highly enough, though. Each season plays like a 24-hour Die Hard movie. Quuite honestly the best show on TV.

SnakeDoc

I cannot recommend 24 highly enough, though. Each season plays like a 24-hour Die Hard movie. Quuite honestly the best show on TV.

SnakeDoc

Yeah it's awesome i've watched them all but after a while being a die hard 24 fan you can see everything coming a mile off. :D

Two and a Half Men

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Man vs. Food

Everyday Italian

The Daily Show

The Soup

Don't watch too much :D

My wife watches "The Soup". Its kinda funny in a gossipy, reality-TV sort of way. "Sports Soup" on Versus is a bit more of a guy's-guy version ... gratuitous T&A, gruesome sports injuries, etc. -- and I think Matt Iseman is funnier than McHale.

There's also a geek version, "Web Soup" (I think) on G4, and a chick-version (hosted by Topanga from "Boy Meets World") on HGTV (or some other chick channel) ... never watched either of them, though.

SnakeDoc

Firefly
Wonderfalls
Gilmore Girls
30 Rock
The Office UK
Pushing Daisies
Veronica Mars
Venture Brothers
Castle
House MD

Only nine, I know. ProgMatinee and Doctor_B, glad to see some other Wonderfall fans out there!

pushing daisies was pretty good. i wasn't totally sold on all the characters and plots in the way I was with Wonderfalls.

I was just thinking that Freaks and Geeks should go on here, but apparently that was another 1999 show. Talk about a cast that went on to make something of themselves.

FREAKS_AND_GEEKS-718158-701779.jpg

Dexter
Battlestar Galactica
House MD
Heroes (S1 only)
Smallville
Doctor Who (current format)
Angel
Rome
Firefly
Dollhouse

Any list that doesn't have Battlestar Galactica =Fail.
My list changes regularly so something that isn't on my list now might change next week/month depending on how I feel.

1. Dexter
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. Firefly
4. Deadwood
5. Chuck
6. House
7. Castle
8. Rome
9. Angel
10. Smallville

I pretty much can't stand t.v. and don't care for it. My favorite shows are The Trailer Park Boys and Law and Order SVU. Law and Order SVU is probably one of my all-time favorite shows. It debuted in 1999 but who gives a ____.

Any list that doesn't have Battlestar Galactica =Fail.
My list changes regularly so something that isn't on my list now might change next week/month depending on how I feel.

1. Dexter
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. Firefly
4. Deadwood
5. Chuck
6. House
7. Castle
8. Rome
9. Angel
10. Smallville

Great list! I've been meaning to watch Deadwood, Chuck and Castle. Everything else is on my list. :)

The Wire >> everything else this decade. Maybe the best TV show ever. Here are my favorites:

The Wire
Veronica Mars
Firefly
Arrested Development
30 Rock
Lost
How I Met Your Mother

I like the various Law and Orders, as well. Sometimes it's nice to have an entire story in one hour.

Back