Top 10 Television Series Of The Decade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Top 10 Television Series' Of The Decade

(1) 24
(2) House M.D.
(3) The Unit
(4) The Big Bang Theory
(5) Mythbusters
(6) Smallville
(7) Law and Order: Criminal Intent/ SVU
(8) The Sopranos
(9) Prison Break
(10) King of Queens/ Everybody Loves Raymond

SnakeDoc

Seriously though, it didn't start last decade (there are a few shows that fall into the same category).

All but one season was this past decade. But, okay, I'll come up with a new one. :monkey2

edit: HOUSE!!!! HOW THE F DID I FORGET HOUSE?!? Okay, House gets The Soprano's spot in my list.

No particular order:
Battlestar Galactica
Venture Brothers
Firefly
Modern Family (a new entry)
Six Feet Under
The Office
Futurama
Family Guy
Band of Brothers

Heroes could have been on the list if they didn't suck a big ol' ____ after the first season :lol

(1) 24
(2) House M.D.
(3) The Unit
(4) The Big Bang Theory
(5) Mythbusters
(6) Smallville
(7) Law and Order: Criminal Intent/ SVU
(8) The Sopranos
(9) Prison Break
(10) King of Queens/ Everybody Loves Raymond

SnakeDoc

No Sopranos and Everybody Loves Raymond? Come on! That started in 1996! :lol

How has no one else listed the Wire or Arrested Development? :duh

Of what I have seen:

1) (with a bullet) The Wire--not only the greatest TV show of the decade, but the greatest TV show I've ever seen
2) Arrested Development
3) Pardon the Interruption (the only show I try to watch every day it is on)
4) Justice League Unlimited
5) Six Feet Under
6) Lost
7) Deadwood
8) Firefly
9) Veronica Mars
10) --edit: Office (UK)--didn't realize it was a 2000s+ show initially :D

Two possibilities:

1) people haven't seen them for some reason
2) people have no/bad taste
:D

I watched the first 2 seasons and liked them but for some reason i just can't get through season 3. :confused:

No Sopranos and Everybody Loves Raymond? Come on! That started in 1996! :lol

Both aired new episodes in the last decade, and both aired a majority of its episodes in the last decade -- that certainly seems to me to qualify as a "show from the last decade". Raymond premiered in 1996 ... but ran through 2005 (which is four years of last decade, and six years of this decade). L&O SVU premiered in 1999 as well.

SnakeDoc

Both aired new episodes in the last decade, and both aired a majority of its episodes in the last decade -- that certainly seems to me to qualify as a "show from the last decade". Raymond premiered in 1996 ... but ran through 2005 (which is four years of last decade, and six years of this decade). L&O SVU premiered in 1999 as well.

SnakeDoc

I'm not arguing how long they aired within the last decade. I'm just saying that it's meant to be new shows that premiered in the last 10 years.

As for the when they started issue... I added Futurama and Family Guy as they were part of the decade even though both started in 1999. So, probably cheated, but you can all just bite my shiny metal ass!

bender.jpg

So original post should read: "top 10 series that premiered in the last decade," as that is clearly what the original poster intends people to post about.

I'm not arguing how long they aired within the last decade. I'm just saying that it's meant to be new shows that premiered in the last 10 years.

So original post should read: "top 10 series that premiered in the last decade," as that is clearly what the original poster intends people to post about.

Fair enough. Revised to remove The Sopranos, SVU and Raymond.

(1) 24
(2) House M.D.
(3) The Unit
(4) The Big Bang Theory
(5) Mythbusters
(6) Smallville
(7) Law and Order: Criminal Intent
(8) Prison Break
(9) King of Queens
(10) Alias

I have trouble taking seriously any list that does not include 24. Jack Bauer wouldn't put up with this s***. Haha.

SnakeDoc

I have trouble taking seriously any list that does not include 24. Haha.
Coming from a guy who doesn't list the Wire. Yeah, that is "haha" funny ;)

I actually like 24 quite a bit initially, but the novelty wore off for me. Still fun if you want to watch something mindless, but that show didn't move forward like, say, Lost did.

I had to put 11. I'm probably forgetting something.

Battlestar Galactica
Dexter
The Office
Lost
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Big Love
Firefly
Arrested Development
Deadwood
Rome
Sons of Anarchy (last season was incredible)

This is one of my favorite Dwight moments. It reminded me of how dorky all those Joker fans are. :lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKxuBW3r-lU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKxuBW3r-lU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

some of these i never caught on original run. funny that several of them got canceled after 1 or 2 years

Veronica Mars
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Joan of Arcadia
Ugly Betty
Survivor
Amazing Race
Deadwood
Chuck
American Idol

Whats really weird also is that several of those on my list the lead character is female. :dunno

some of these i never caught on original run. funny that several of them got canceled after 1 or 2 years

Veronica Mars
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Joan of Arcadia
Ugly Betty
Survivor
Amazing Race
Deadwood
Chuck
American Idol

Ahh, I forgot to put The Amazing Race!
runaway.gif