Top 10 films by genres..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of these lists leave out many many films from 70's and earlier...speaks of a younger crowd...even I've forgotten a few and gotta think...gonna open new list threads about each decade soon

i'm really surprised you don't have any john wayne films in here.

the cowboys? true grit? the searchers?......:monkey2

Ya know... I think I just was born to late to enjoy him... I know him more as an impression that everyone does... It is hard for me to take him seriously as an actor... I also tend to like my Westerns a little grittier.

Ya know... I think I just was born to late to enjoy him... I know him more as an impression that everyone does... It is hard for me to take him seriously as an actor... I also tend to like my Westerns a little grittier.

I feel the same way, a bit too young, but I did include 2 of his movies on my list.

Last edited:
Horror: The Thing, Wolfen, Lost Boys, Angel Heart, Underworld, Alien series, Predator series, Lifeforce, Jaws and lots of others

Wolfen, interesting. Pretty weird movie, not something i would watch ever again

Sci-Fi: The Planet of the Apes, The Empire Strikes Back, Alien, Aliens, Predator, The Abyss, The Terminator, Blade Runner, Wrath of Khan, I Robot, ET and more

E.T.! How could I have forgotten when constructing my sci-fi list in the other thread.

New list:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. ALIENS
4. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
5. Robocop
6. Prometheus
7. Return of the Jedi
8. The Terminator
9. District 9
10. The Matrix

Horror

1. 28 Days later
2. Halloween
3. Zombi
4. Halloween 2
5. Day of the Dead
6. Dawn of the Dead
7. Night of the Living dead
8. Evil Dead
9. Friday the 13th Part 3
10. The Burning

There are some other movies that I really love more than some on here, just not sure if they'd be truly classified as horror.

I agree most youth today don't know him or many of the other earlier actors and many hate b&w films too

Watch these John Wayne films The Quiet Man, The Searchers, Red River, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Sands of Iwo Jima, True Grit, The Alamo, The Shootist, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and Fort Apache. To me they were his best acting films. He had many other good ones too. For grit try some Sam Peckinpah westerns too like the Wild Bunch, Ride the High Country, Pat Garret and Billy the kid etc, many of these were forerunners to the gritty westerns of the 80s to present day

Last edited:
How the hell does the first 2 Godfather films and Goodfellas not on any lists lol

Gangster films: Godfather 1&2, Goodfellas, Scarface, LA Confidential, Diick Tracy, Thief, Heat, The Valachi Papers, Year of the Dragon, Black Rain, The Wanderers, The Warriors, etc there is quite a few from the old days(60s+earlier) that I have to think about.

Last edited:
Many do not know who he is apart from psycho and Birds. Add Psycho to my horror list. I loved North by Northwest too and a few others

I thought Vertigo and Rear Window would be popular seeing how high they are on critic lists.

War films: All Quiet on the Western Front, Dirty Dozen, Where Eagles Dare, The Wild Geese, Zulu, A Bridge too Far, The Guns Of Navarone, Saving Private Ryan, Thin Red Line, Tora Tora Tora, The Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now, Gettysburg, Gone with the Wind,Kelly's Heroes, Uncommon Valor, We were Soldiers,Full Metal Jacket, Gungha Din, Das Boot, Dr Zivago, Lawrence of Arabia, Wind and the Lion, Rambo series,Patton,Sands of Iwo Jima,Longest Day Bridge Over the River Qwai, Avatar,Gods and Generals, etc quite a few more I gotta think about

Last edited:
Back