Tooned Up Buffy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
I just posted this on my BTVSFigs forum thread, but thought I'd follow up here. I sent an e-mail to Electric Tiki with some follow up questions, and less than two hours later they sent a detailed response!

I love the designs on your new Tooned Up Buffy line. I can't wait to hear more about them.

-What is the scale? 6 inches, 12 inches or somewhere in between?

Well our Tooned Up line is usually 1/8th scale. We're debating whether to decrease the scale on these slightly to bring them in between $80 and $100. Our current pieces retail for $100-$150, but then again, they are limited to 500. A lot depends on the pre-orders. That will help determine edition sizes and price.

-Are there plans to do episode specific characters? I would LOVE to see a Once More With Feeling lineup or possibly outfits from Chosen.

We have no idea, yet. Since the animated versions are supposed to be in their own world, we're not sure if it's a good idea to be episode specific. The outfits will be def. be familiar to the character, if not episode specific. I mean Spike wouldn't be Spike without the Long leather coat and army boots. I mean what else would he wear, a Hawaiian shirt? Oh, wait.

-Is it possible to use the designs that were intended for the official Buffy Animated series?

(Answered by designer Tracy Lee)No way. They were really cool, but that would take away my reason for getting the license. I want to have all of the fun myself and do my own interpretations. You want me to have fun don't you?

-Is it possible to have characters holding props from the show (besides stakes)? And Buffy should definately be holding a stake. My favorite image posted so far is the first one, as it could be a Once More With Feeling Buffy. Next would be the one on the far right, above the Buffy logo. But they all look great!

As far as I know we can use anything from the show. All props would be "Tooned Up" as well, naturally.

You also mention you are curious to see our top 10 characters. Well here you go!
Buffy (duh) - While I like the designs posted, I would love to see episode specific versions (if the license allows that).
Cordelia
Willow
Tara
Anya
Angel
Dawn
Xander
Spike
Giles

And Oz makes 11... As you can see, I'm not that excited about the guys, but I know that Spike design you have would sell!

It's kind of funny. We've been getting lot's of lists and it's so funny how different people's favorites are.

And hopefully, if these are successful, you might consider the Angel license. I would LOVE to see a Tooned Up Illyria!

Who knows. We'll see how Buffy does first.

- Since Sideshow is your distributor, do you plan on working with them to offer Exclusive versions or variants?

I think that's inevitable. I'm not sure if it would be variant costumes or the inclusion of one of those "props". We'll see.

By the way, I started a thread about the new line over on the BTVSFigs forum. Check out the comments so far:
https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=Talk&action=display&thread=1162588736

Forums scare us and we try to avoid them. We will be happy to try and answer any question we can, however. The only thing we know for absolute positive is the we will be doing an animated Buffy maquette....and probably Spike. The e-mails we have received thus far have been overwhelmingly positive, so please pass our gratitude along. Oh and promise everyone that Buffy will have her correct eye color. Pink right?

As you can see, we are really curious about the price point on these. That will make or break it for some of us.

Once again, under $100 would be ideal for us, but it all depends on fan support. We have wild dreams of doing popular characters as well as a few obscure characters. Hopefully we will be able to.

Much thanks and looking forward to this exciting new line of Buffy merchandise!

No problem Dean, hope this gives you a wee bit of info. BTW, please let forum members know that for some reason all emails ending in @gmail (like yours) get sent to our junk mail folder for some reason. We try to catch them but sometimes we delete them when we delete our junk mail. We trying to figure out why this happens. If you have another e-mail address, it should be used instead, just in case. Also, please pass along our sincere gratitude. This has been our most buzzworthy line to date.

It all sounds good to me! It's also understandable that they'll probably do original designs.
Later
Dean

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that interview Dean! I am really excited now, and seems they are too. I hope they don't scale down though, and keep edition sizes small.

I think they should keep the scale similar to their other Tooned Up statues. I'd hate them to sacrifice the scale just to reduce the price. I'm pretty sure these would still sell out at the price The Munsters are selling for.

Thanks for that juicy info. 80-100$ is too much for me at this moment. I hope when these get released I can afford them. However, if Sideshow keeps on releasing 1/6 and 1/4 figures from the Buffyverse, the Tiki stuff will be sacrificed :monkey3

I quite like the Buffy one, and the vamp faced Spike, but the human Spike is rather....odd. Isuppose it doesn't help that I can't see a Marsters in there anywhere.

I hope they work further on that one. :)

Back