Tom Hooper's Les Miserables

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the stage production twice and really enjoyed it. I'm no expert, but I think it's in a class by itself as far as musicals go. I think the film version could be great.

First official image of Hugh as protagonist Jean Valjean

les-miserables-movie-image-hugh-jackman-600x452.jpg

really thought it was tobe hooper for a second ....the disapointment was crushing......on the plus side lets hope hugh gets to sing, sigh!

Looks good. I like musicals. I love opera.

However, Les Mis has never really done anything for me. There are 2 or 3 songs I like ok, but on the whole I found it too glib and saccharine, as most musicals are want to be.

I still stand firmly by the novel being better than the stage play but Hooper looks to have done a great job here and Hathaway seemingly knocks Fantine outta the park.

I think I'm gonna go see this. After talking with a friend about this and seeing the trailer I'm interested in the story.

The trailer really made me think this could work. Pretty excited now.

I'm so glad they didn't get people like the girl from Glee, who would be belting everything out at 110% percent in an overdone theatrical manner. I'm not Anne Hathaway's biggest fan, but I'm impressed with this brief preview--she seems to be acting the part as much as singing, and it comes together into a more natural performance than we'd get out of someone with a stage/Broadway background overdoing it. I am pretty optimistic about this movie after seeing this trailer.

Looks great! Tom Hooper is a brilliant director with a lot of potential. Thankfully I haven't read the book otherwise my opinion of this would be largely biased and negligible

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHHHUk8RCw&feature=watch_response[/ame]

I'm not the biggest fan of musicals, but this trailer actually gave me goosebumps. Looks amazing and I'll probably go see it! :rock :rock

The Broadway tour is in Houston right now, and I took my mom to see it this past Tuesday. We were both impressed! I haven't seen too many musicals (well unless you count films, then I've seen a lot! :lol). The guy that plays Javert on tour is amazing. Can't wait to see more of Russell Crowe. Anne just seems to be so amazing in all the trailers where she is singing "I Dream a Dream". This will definitely be one I catch in the movie theater.

Back