Tom Hardy is Sam Fisher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take a wait and see approach on this one. But at least it wasn't Jeremy Renner, who seems to get all these kinds of roles lately.

I just hope they throw Michael Ironside a bone and give him a role in the film, as a reward for all of his years of awesome service. Especially now that they have dumped him for a younger model with the latest Splinter Cell game. Hell, maybe he can even play Lambert in the film, or a similar type role where his age won't be a problem.

Probably won't happen though. Hollywood isn't that cool. Or loyal.

British actor are among the best. They own american roles. Look at Sgt Brody in Homeland or Hugh Laury in House. Or maybe every ****ing Hollywood movie evermade XD
Gereard Butler would be a great Snake Pliskin. However Tom Hardy as Fisher? I don't see it but he'll most probably kill it

Snake Plissken is about as American as you can get and I think casting someone from outside the country is spitting in the face of the franchise. Kurt Russell was utterly disgusted when that idea was floating around. I'm glad the remake possibilities are pretty much dead now.

Snake Plissken is about as American as you can get and I think casting someone from outside the country is spitting in the face of the franchise. Kurt Russell was utterly disgusted when that idea was floating around. I'm glad the remake possibilities are pretty much dead now.

How about Sherlock Holmes? If an american can play that part, why not vice versa?

I haven't seen any Tom Hardy films yet... so I can't judge on his acting.

But why Splinter Cell? those games were popular like 10 years ago, doubt anyone cares now.

You should check out some of his movies hes a really good actor. Warrior and Bronson are both really good. He has others, but I recommend both of those. and did someone just compare his acting to Kristen Stewart? Or just the roles?:lol

Scanners.gif

I had no idea about that... ughhh I can't stand when you take a character that is obviously from a particular country and you fill it in with a actor that isn't. They did it with Batman and there was rumors at one point Gerard Butler was going to play Snake Plissken... makes me sick to my stomach...

Well you have a Brit playing Superman next summer too :lol

A great actor is a great actor. It really shouldn't matter where they are from, as it has been proven many millions f times in the history of cinema. Although on the other side it would be a disgrace if an American played Bond!

For Snake pliskin i think Josh Holloway would be ideal

I do cringe when you get a Brit trying to do an american accent, and also when an american trys doing a brit accent. I think Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) does a fairly decent job though in The Walking Dead.

Well you have a Brit playing Superman next summer too :lol

I was going to bring that up lol.

I didn't care for Christian Bale as Batman either. Although I do think Bale is a great actor, except in Terminator Salavation... ughh he was terrible.

A great actor is a great actor. It really shouldn't matter where they are from, as it has been proven many millions f times in the history of cinema. Although on the other side it would be a disgrace if an American played Bond!

For Snake pliskin i think Josh Holloway would be ideal

He does have a Russell look. I honestly think no one can fill Russell's shoes though.

I do cringe when you get a Brit trying to do an american accent, and also when an american trys doing a brit accent. I think Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) does a fairly decent job though in The Walking Dead.

I was stunned when I found that out, he's amazing on that show. His sobbing scene about a week ago might of been the most convincing cry I've ever seen.

If you want to talk about a Brit playing American roles, you need to give credit where it's due.

Gary **** ing Oldman. Absolutely amazing in anything he plays.

Nah Bale is a top guy. Everyone makes mistakes.

The stuff he did in the wake of the theater shooting last summer and for a dying kid with cancer was superb.

Depends who's doing it. Daniel Day Lewis for example seem's he can pull of any role he wants.

Back