To those who couldn't make it to SDCC 09...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the scale for the Alien Warrior Maquette? Is it 1/4 scale? I'm on the fence about getting it because of the price and I would like it to be a large scale.[/QUOTE]

I think the Alien Warrior Maquette was the perfect scale. It looks like a 1/3 scale because of the size, but if you remember how big the alien is in the movie, then you can see it is a 1/4 scale.

The base makes it even more impressive. It is simple but adds tons to the whole sculpture. The paint jobis absolutely superb and although I think it could have been around $650 bucks, the Flexpay is divided in 4 payments instead of 3 and once you see it in person, you will forget it about the price tag.

Hi!

Sorry about the multiple responses here. The website was acting up and not displaying my replies, so I did a couple of times and now it is displaying everything.....

Anyway, I just want to answer some questions that were asked on the Statue Forum...

Nice round up, thanks for sharing.

As far as Crystal Skull Indy goes, did you think he still looked too old seeing the piece in person?

I thought it was not too old. I think the eyebrows paint job was too light making him look a bit older. The whole sculpture to me looked great and the likeness is amazing. Mr. Trevor Grove did a great job......again

howabout the marvel vs

I wasn't impressed with the VS Marvel stuff. I know lots of people love it, but I don't think it is as good as it could have been. I mean, don't get me wrong, they are nice but in comparison with the other Marvel stuff it is not the best SS has to offer, in my humble opinion, of course.

How about your thoughts on the Darth Vader 1:1 bust?

Dennis

Darth Vader was the most impressive bust I've ever seen. The details amazing, the paint job really well done and it is big. It will definitely be the central piece of anyone's collection. I think if you can afford two you should display them with and without the helmet.

Thanks for the review!

Could you tell us about the Ryu Vs Sagat Dio and Zangief?

Those I didn't look at much because I was not interested, but Zangief is HUGE. It is well done but not my cup of tea....

+1 :thumbs2:

Geez, the post took so long to load that I thought there'd surely be lots of great pics to check out.

There are lot of pics on the Sideshow website. Just stop being lazy and check them out...:lol

Cheers

Bear

I don't know it is the lesser of the line, but it is one of those pieces that they could have done more to it. However, because the T-Rex with the Triceratops was so well done, I understand why they want to do something a bit different. The detail is still impressive and the paint job superb. I liked it a lot and if I collect the line, I would not pass on this one. It is a great piece.

Thanks mate, that's good to hear! I was just a bit disappointed by the few shots I saw, when the the others looked so good.

bearmodel said:
Sorry about the multiple responses here. The website was acting up and not displaying my replies

Lol, yeah I noticed the same problem last night. Don't worry, I see you're not the only one!

Back