To kitbash/customize, or simply buy it from someone else?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here ! or buy again and again to replace the crappy parts over and over. In the end, your custom became more expensive than Hot Toys :panic:

They are more expensive than hot toys anyway
Hot toys body £70.00
Custom head head unpaintd £40.00
Then clothes , weapons and painting must come to £100.00
Depending on if you buy custom clothes to clothes from eBay
So each custom must come to over £200.00 each about $320.00
I recently bought a hot toys T2 Arnie for £100.00.
And you will never get the money back for your customs.
When I was making my agent 47 I must have gone thought 3 suits
Agent colon suit cost mg £55.00 , pop toys £40.00 and zytoys cost me £25.00.
And I have loads of bits to make customs but I buy the heads first.
And by the time I have sourced the rest of the bits I have lost interest in the character .

Also what gets me about the custom section is some people deem themselves too good to reply to people's messages or answer the questions.
They must get big headed or something , they are also too good to comment on other peoples work.
As if you notice there are lots of threads showing their work and about 3 thousand views and 2 pages of reply.
Also when people ask for advice they just ignore them.
I get lots of messages asking advice and I give it too an extent without giving too many secrets away.
And if I find the question is too much of a secret too tell , I say sorry I can't help you there and don't out right ignore people which I find very rude and ignorant .
I think everybody should be supportive of each other wether their work is good or bad tell them in a nice way and offer advice on how to make the item look better.
As I would hate for me to paint things for people and them to like it and not love it , so I always ask my customers to be 100% honest with me and I'm yet to get a complaint.
I think a good permanent thread would be an advice section , were somebody is not sure of their work so they post a pic and people offer advice too them , so maybe the eyes need adjusting or something like that.
That way they can go back and practice and practice.
And if people are happy with their own work so be it it and whom are we to judge?
Some people may look at it and think that is bad but the person paintning it may love his work , everybody has their own artistic eye.

I'm not sailing give all the secrets of painting and what not just advice to those whom need it.

Yeah there are some snobby people but who needs that anyway.
Nice to be nice but I get not leaving replies as whats the point if its negative?
Constructive criticism is welcome but I guess people arn’t that bothered and like to be nosey.

Yeah I've spent alot and next to nothing on customs depends what figure your making.
Made a hulk
head sculpt was about 10-15 pound
body was about 10-15 and came with the shorts.
shirt about 5 pound.

£35 quid can't go wrong.
Was under 50 pound give or take a few pound anyway.

Back