Action Figure To Build a Predator...1:4 Jungle Hunter Makeover

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuclear Jungle

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm putting the finishing touches on this guy now, but wanted to play around with a few teaser pics. More detailed ones to follow. He features:
*A nearly complete repaint of the NECA 19 incher
*Custom netting
*Electrostatically applied suede texture on "leather" parts. It's fuzzy to the touch.
*Quills on face, arm, chest, and side. The shoulder armor on one side was also attached to the torso piece, with the arm underneath resculpted.
*Jungle diorama base with custom made in-scale foliage
*Restrung all the trophies on in-scale leather strap, and the necklace is now a real necklace, hanging properly. All the bones have been refinished/reshaped and aged.
NuclearPred3z.jpg

NuclearPred1z.jpg

NuclearPred2z.jpg

More to follow!

Last edited:
Holy nuts... that looks like the film-used costume! Very accurate paint apps on the chest and thighs, it's simply everything it should be. Can't wait to see more pics!

Thank you, gentlemen. Reverend, the large Palm and Monstera leaves were made by me (and still need a little paint). The small fern leaves were purchased at a craft store. Edstuff, the netting started out as some stuff a friend gave me in a roll, but I had to modify it a lot to make it look correctly in-scale (as in, modifying most strands individually...a pain in the backside).

Took a few tries to perfect the eyes:
NuclearPred6.jpg

Almost done, then I think this guy's headed to Ebay while I start something else.

Hard to tell in pictures, but I did a lot of translucency effects and subtle veining and mottling throughout his skin pattern.
NuclearPred8z.jpg

NuclearPred7.jpg

NuclearPred9zx.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, only $300 on eBay to start? Considering the man hours you must have put into this, I'd have listed it at $1000 at least.

Looks amazing! Good luck.

Thank you guys. Yeah, I priced it extremely low to start with, considering the time & money put in, but I'll probably have to cancel the auction if there isn't any serious action in a few days.

Don't expect any action until the last day. Most serious bidders know it's not worth their time to bid early just so other people can jack up the price.

Back