To all in Gustav's path

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, please stay safe all the board members and everyone else in Louisiana. People here in Houston are also preparing for the slight chance that Gustav may turn toward us. However, that probably wouldn't be good news for the Louisiana evacuees who actually came to Houston to get away from the storm.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and if I can be of help, let me know.
Be safe my Gulf coast friends! :rock

Thanks Les! I live in an evacuation zone (although it's further inland) so I know what it's like to worry about these things. But be assured that if a mandatory evacuation were to be put in order for southeast Houston I'd high tail it out of here in a flash!:D

Great thread Les, I was about to start something similar.

Not just Gustav, but to all of the Freaks out there in the wake of the hurricane season and other natural disasters, our thoughts and best wishes.

I think we could all benefit from relfecting on something like this. We love collecting, it's our hobby, way of life, whatever you'd call it, and it's important to us, but it's so easy to lose the things that truly matter in life and sometimes it's very easy to forget that, getting caught up in the day to day.

Enjoy your collectibles, but cherrish the truly important things in life.

My thoughts are with you all. Stay safe and I hope that Gustav looses steam before it hits land. I'll be watching the news and praying for the best. MaulFan is so right, it's moments like these when you realize what's truly important. Shouldn't take moments like these, but sadly it often does.

I just talked to my parents today. They live 3 hours northwest of New Orleans and will be right in the path of the storm. They've committed to ride it out. I worry about the flooding. Even where they live, although it's inland, in can still be bad. My mom said that nobody is leaving and that some neighbors are not even doing anything to protect themselves. Has Katrina not taught anyone anything?

Meterologists are also tracking Hannah out in the Atlantic, moving West and they are also keeping an eye on yet another tropical depression. Welcome to hurricane season.

Stay safe guys, but most of all be smart. Some people are stubborn and think they are tougher and more invincible then mother nature but they're not. Get those butts outta there and come back to live another day

Last edited:
Yeah fellow Freaks. Above all make sure you are safe. Please don't take any unnecessary chances with this one. It sounds like it could be horrific if it lines up like they are thinking it will, so get to higher ground if you can. Jeesh, if ya make it all way up to VA I'll shack y'all up in HAPPYVILLE, USA and you can ride it out here. LOL :D

up here in the florida panhandle as of yet we havent had anything from gustav other than heavy rain and a few bouts of wind. but anyone who lives on the gulf coast and been thru hurricanes knows it can turn on a dime at any time.............so i keep the weather channel blaring 24/7. good luck to us all and if you are in the projected path....get out. better safe than sorry. damn hurricanes......:cuss

Thanks guys i will keep you notified for as long as i can but there saying the power will go out from Moneday through Wendsday.

Back