TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with all of you since NECA likes to keep things a secret so much so that they will flat out lie or deny things such as this. I saw someone ask if it was 8-bit or 16-bit turtles when he started posting teasers about a week or two ago on Twitter

They will indeed release them in single packs imo

Not likely.. Randy has said this countless times. That they can't release anything TMNT 6/7 inch outside of cons/packs due to playmates restrictions.

I think this will be it, I would have more hope if it were something other than tmnt the restrictions are crazy

Playmates should just give them the damn rights. Since Other companies are making better figures they should just stick to there horrid kids toys and leave the collectors stuff alone.

I am hoping that SH Figuarts announces 1990 Henson TMNT at SDCC 2016. Even if NECA ends up doing some, it may turn out to be another situation like these arcade Turtles.

possibility...I know they dropped these names for the cartoon line and said we'll see more at SDCC

Casey Jones
Shredder
Rock Steady
Bebop
Splinter
Krang

I'd rather put my money into these than anything NECA makes

possibility...I know they dropped these names for the cartoon line and said we'll see more at SDCC

Casey Jones
Shredder
Rock Steady
Bebop
Splinter
Krang

I'd rather put my money into these than anything NECA makes

No April or Foot? :(

Still trying not to get ticked off about this, but its not easy. And I don't even collect that much TMNT merch anymore :mad: Why the heck am I getting so worked up over this ?! Ugh ! Maybe its because its so far the only cool SDCC set announced that I could see myself wanting more that one set of, but still......maybe I will just wait and see what NECA will do with it down the road.

I have to wonder though, do any of you think the guys over there are caught off guard at how much criticism this set and the Newt figure being made exclusives has gone ?

Still trying not to get ticked off about this, but its not easy. And I don't even collect that much TMNT merch anymore :mad: Why the heck am I getting so worked up over this ?! Ugh ! Maybe its because its so far the only cool SDCC set announced that I could see myself wanting more that one set of, but still......maybe I will just wait and see what NECA will do with it down the road.

I have to wonder though, do any of you think the guys over there are caught off guard at how much criticism this set and the Newt figure being made exclusives has gone ?

They knew what they where doing/ what would happen & of course all publicity is good publicity. I am upset this is SDDC exclusive but after the sadness/anger wore off I accept the fact & only hope for a future release maybe months from now maybe years but it is what it is.

I'm still not convinced that you won't these after the con for much closer to retail. Seems to happen with almost every SDCC anymore, though with TMNT as hot as they are right now, it might be that rare exclusive that remains elusive. The key is whether NECA is being honest about just how limited the license is; if these come out later as single releases those of us who paid extra for preorders are going to feel a little silly.

I'm still not convinced that you won't these after the con for much closer to retail. Seems to happen with almost every SDCC anymore, though with TMNT as hot as they are right now, it might be that rare exclusive that remains elusive. The key is whether NECA is being honest about just how limited the license is; if these come out later as single releases those of us who paid extra for preorders are going to feel a little silly.

Why? Lets say these may be available as single boxes in 2018. Why would anyone feel silly just because he bought them right now for a higher price? Collecting toys is really not about saving money and I can see people spending more money to have an item save and earlier. The MOTUC chase figure is every year the same phenomen: At the moment Anti He-Man is around 100-150 despite everyone knows he will be widely available in December for 35. People are willing to spend more for getting their stuff earlier.

Neca will probably include a dvd or some cheap print so that they can pack them in singles. They've done this before.

We will probably see quite a few of them on eBay after the con. It's one of the hottest sdcc items this year. Many people think they want it but will end up selling it afterwards at auction. Just keep your eyes open after the con.

Neca will probably include a dvd or some cheap print so that they can pack them in singles. They've done this before.

We will probably see quite a few of them on eBay after the con. It's one of the hottest sdcc items this year. Many people think they want it but will end up selling it afterwards at auction. Just keep your eyes open after the con.

I feel you are correct about NECA packaging them w/ a dvd or something & also about after SDCC seems most people believe the hype & cost will die down. ATM Ebay sellers are probably seeing how much people are willing to throw at them.

Why? Lets say these may be available as single boxes in 2018. Why would anyone feel silly just because he bought them right now for a higher price? Collecting toys is really not about saving money and I can see people spending more money to have an item save and earlier. The MOTUC chase figure is every year the same phenomen: At the moment Anti He-Man is around 100-150 despite everyone knows he will be widely available in December for 35. People are willing to spend more for getting their stuff earlier.

Well, I don't think it has to do with how soon anyone gets them. I paid $340 for the set. If I KNEW that I could get the exact same set later, even a year down the line, for $200, then I would wait. I think most would, and I don't agree that the reason people are jumping on the preorders is because they'll get them sooner. They're afraid that that's the ONLY way to get them. I could be wrong.

I think these will end up going for a lot of money down the road. If the SDCC exclusive Conan Obrien funkos are any indication, these too with rocket I prices. Last year, I was hesitant to buy the four conan Obrien exclusives from SDCC (they were handed out for free at show). People were selling them form $50-100 last fall. I wished I had picked them all up at that point. They now cost about $200+ each.....

These TMNT will see prices increases as well.

Back