TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SH Figurarts Leonardo and Donatello available for preorder overhere. They charg us €75 which is roughly USD100. Are these 6" fgures really worth that much? Sounds kind of rediculous to me, but I also never owned a SH Figurarts figure before... Is this the normal going rate for them? Are they worth it?

Yeah I'm passing on the tmnt figuarts. They look ok to me but I'm not paying that price. They still aren't 100% screen accurate.

I so want the first Gokin Krang figure with LED function. That looks like a beast. Anyone else get that guy yet?

SH Figurarts Leonardo and Donatello available for preorder overhere. They charg us €75 which is roughly USD100. Are these 6" fgures really worth that much? Sounds kind of rediculous to me, but I also never owned a SH Figurarts figure before... Is this the normal going rate for them? Are they worth it?

Hell no. I feel regular sized figuarts are worth €40,-.

Yeah I'm passing on the tmnt figuarts. They look ok to me but I'm not paying that price. They still aren't 100% screen accurate.

I so want the first Gokin Krang figure with LED function. That looks like a beast. Anyone else get that guy yet?

Yes, I have the original release. Its a masterpiece. There is currently a chrome variant up for preorder at luna store. If you have missed the original one this might be an alternative.

Hell no. I feel regular sized figuarts are worth €40,-.

40€ is what I roughly pay per MOTU Classics figure. I believe that it is unjustified expensive, yet I still feel to get something for my money (maybe the nostalgic bonus adds to the subjectove value for me). But 75€ is almost double the price and I cannot see any higher value as they do not seem to have that much paint on them and a second head is nothing special with MOTUc either. Also the TMNT share alot of parts with each other, so I really dont get the price (yet).

Thanks for your feedback guys. :duff

Crazy to not get into the Figuarts turtles when they are doing more classic cartoon stuff (a line that many have been waiting for since playmates failed)

They will have more prototypes at SDCC and the names dropped for series 3 and 4 were Shredder,Rock Steady,Bebop and Freakin Casey Jones!

Crazy to not get into the Figuarts turtles when they are doing more classic cartoon stuff (a line that many have been waiting for since playmates failed)

They will have more prototypes at SDCC and the names dropped for series 3 and 4 were Shredder,Rock Steady,Bebop and Freakin Casey Jones!

And maybe 1990 movie turtles too, although I'm not sure if SH can make realistic looking 1990 turtles. I'd rather see neca make those in the 7 inch scale, not 1/4.

But the demand on product is so much greater than it was in the past. 20 years ago we were content with five points of articulation and likenesses sufficeint to glean the essence of a character. We were actually happy to collect children's toys.

Now such efforts are deemed "below" most collectors, and we demand articulation to recreate any pose and actor specific likenesses. Did we expect all that for $10 a figure?

everything is overpriced though

Totally agree with you on that one. :lol

My point is, I dont see why these are are supposed to cost almost twice as much as MOTU Classics. The MOTUC often come with 2 headsculpts, share alot of body parts and come with 1-3 pieces of accessoires. So do these TMNTs. Also the amount of paint looks pretty equal to MOTUC. I really dont see the higher value here. :dunno
Also I am still thinking that these are not perfect anyway. I am still pretty happy with my orginal TMNT classics set. The design is not 100% cartoon but they are a very nice representation amd fit perfectly to my MOTUC / comming TCC collections. The only thing I hate about the TMNT classics is that Rocksteady and Bebop are so terribly small. I am still thinking about giving both of them a MOTUC body as a base...
Anyway, back on Figurarts TMNT: You can also compare the to the new 1:12 figures by Mezco. Their DKR Batman is amazing and even features a real cloth costume. Spock doew aswell btw. They come both with many accessoires and are priced pretty much the same as the TMNTs by FA. If they were at least comming with more accessoires such as the Vintage figures had those Ninja weapons or a base/diorama similar to the new GBs or some pizza or whatever, I might be willing to swallow the price, but somewhere there is a limit. And Figurarts has reached my personal limit for a (standard) 7" action figure.
Check this figure. Its original PO price was 70 USD. Is it really the same value?

mezco-batman-dark-knight-one12-action-figure-07.jpg

I have to wonder if the SHF ones will actually come with more though. I realize the item
Descriptions mention the head, hands and belt but maybe they're not listing absolutely everything.

Maybe part of the cost comes from the whole Distribution thing of these being a Japan online exclusive and them techically being an import. I'd say Figurearts
knows their primary market for this will be the US and parts of Europe. The MOTUC and GBs aren't imports.

All the above are just guesses. I've happily preordered them and according to the distributors and Figurearts themselves they're selling like crazy. Even with a few standing their ground that they won't pay it, tons of others already are and these will be tough to get for retail in the after market.

I'll say I absolutely LOVE my power ranger SH Figuarts. The came with a ton of accessories and the articulation is second to none. Although the SHF TMNT figs may not have a ton of accessories, they do have extra headsculpt and cool bases. I'm not buying them but you can probably buy them for cheap on amazon. I got all of my Rangers for around $40+usd

I'll say I absolutely LOVE my power ranger SH Figuarts. The came with a ton of accessories and the articulation is second to none. Although the SHF TMNT figs may not have a ton of accessories, they do have extra headsculpt and cool bases. I'm not buying them but you can probably buy them for cheap on amazon. I got all of my Rangers for around $40+usd

I only have the Black Ranger from S.H. Figuarts, but yeah, I think I paid about $40+ USD for mine too.

guys, any news with the Bandai S.H cartoon turtles? they are tamashii exclusive so what's the expected price? compared to the Classic line which one is better?

guys, any news with the Bandai S.H cartoon turtles? they are tamashii exclusive so what's the expected price? compared to the Classic line which one is better?

They are ONLY Exclusive in Japan, NOT USA.

Back