TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not all they said.

For the Figuarts, the display is basically what we’ve seen at several past shows with the four main characters, but Veebs was told that there will be more TMNT prototypes at SDCC ’16. Ancillary characters, and even the possibility of the turtles based on the 1990 movie. Bandai namedropped Shredder, Rocksteady, Bebop, and Casey Jones. Early pre-sales for Leonardo and Donatello have been fantastic.

:yess:

That's not all they said.

:yess:

So now Figuarts might be getting in on the Jim Henson TMNT action? Between that and the recently announced NECA figures, they're really going after my wallet.

It's nice to see companies realize that people want collectibles from the original film. It's about time.

So now Figuarts might be getting in on the Jim Henson TMNT action? Between that and the recently announced NECA figures, they're really going after my wallet.

It's nice to see companies realize that people want collectibles from the original film. It's about time.

It's too much all at once. I mean, how many versions of the same turtles can we realistically buy? I'm as fanatic a collector as there is, but I'm just worn out by the idea. The collectibles biz is peaking right now, but I feel like the market is becoming over saturated.

Saturated by what? There are no 1990 movie figures available, except for the playmates...and those were a disaster.

Overall we are getting SLAMMED with options as turtle collectors right now. Part of the reason I liked collecting turtles was I was feasibly able to collect most of it.. Now it's even overwhelming. Within a year we have threezero bay 1/6, threezero 1/6 Eastman turtles, mondo 1/6, dreamx 1/6, prime1 bay statues, prime1 Henson statues, NECA Henson 1/4, maybe Henson SHF. I'm not complaining but there's lots I want and now I have the hard decision of picking out of lots of fantastic things

Overall we are getting SLAMMED with options as turtle collectors right now. Part of the reason I liked collecting turtles was I was feasibly able to collect most of it.. Now it's even overwhelming. Within a year we have threezero bay 1/6, threezero 1/6 Eastman turtles, mondo 1/6, dreamx 1/6, prime1 bay statues, prime1 Henson statues, NECA Henson 1/4, maybe Henson SHF. I'm not complaining but there's lots I want and now I have the hard decision of picking out of lots of fantastic things

I think it's great we have so much variety. Unless you're a completist, you probably won't have any problems. I personally like the realistic Bay designs, so I'm getting those. I love the DreamEx turtles, kind of like a fusion between the old 80's 'toon and the 2003 turtles, and I want those too. The rest I could care less for, but I know for some those other ones might be their definitive versions. It's just like Batman, everyone has their idea of a definitive version.

Those figuarts seem extremely overpriced for what they are tbh. $70 for a 6 inch figure?

Those Neca turtles in 1/4 look great for what they are, and I'm sure they'll be "reasonably" priced.

And it's not just the statues and figures. There are the cool retro mega blocks sets, too. Like Master Turtle said, it's impossible to keep up anymore. I'll get the Prime 1 Hensons, only because they'll be legacy pieces for me, but whereas new turtles stuff was a novelty a few years ago there's just a glut of it right now.

While I would love the Prime1 statues to be the ultimate version, NECA's headsculpt just looks like a better likeness.

I don't know if I can justify dropping the kind of cash the statues are gonna require, when I feel like there is a more definitive version out there.

Okay the animated figuarts turtles look great and that NECA Donny is WONDERFUL(can't wait to see more.). The Prime 1 turtles from the neck up suck! Also that green is too bright. Prime 1 has done nothing but CGI characters so far as I can tell. So they've always had the digital renders to go off of but now they have to truly SCULPT something and I think that why they don't look as good. Hopefully these aren't final.

Was going to save up for the prime1 statues but the neca Donny looks good enough that I could by all 4, have then repainted and it'd still cost much much less!!

Great times to be a turtles fan

Where did I read/get the feeling that NECA were going to do a 1:1 turtle(s)?

That would be... something.

Back