TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1796588_272480166240076_1145094167_n.jpg

those are poorly done...i am hoping there is a more expensive collectors type of line but i'm not getting my hopes up

Raph's sais look cartoonish. I know these are kids toys but could they not be a little better quality. And these designs are too cluttered. I mean remove some of the stuff. Does Mikey need pants and the sweater wrapped around his waist?

Is anyone making high end version of these guys?

They are the official Playmates figures and the only other company doing them are Lego. It's hard to make a turd of a design look good. :lol

Okay, time for a first impression.

Leonardo: Tribal samurai.
Donatello: Ghostbuster.
Michaelangelo: Surfer dewd.
Raphael: Homeless guy with dew rag.

Those are the 12 inch figures but notheless they look like ****. Mikey's paintjob is awful and wtf is donnie holding? A bo staff or a toothpick. This better be an early prototype. I'll stick with the lower scale if the twelve inch figures look like that. Ugh that bandanna on raph is just cringe worthy.

It's playmates, what did you expect? These are made for kids, not collectors. It will take a HotToys or another high end collector company to get anywhere close to those maquettes we all like.

Could any other company get the rights or does Playmates have the license locked down exclusively?

They seem to have had it locked down since the 80s. I think your best hope would be if the movie is a success, they would probably do a wave for these in the Classics 7" super articulated collector's line. They are doing the 90s flick next.

They seem to have had it locked down since the 80s. I think your best hope would be if the movie is a success, they would probably do a wave for these in the Classics 7" super articulated collector's line. They are doing the 90s flick next.

It will be interesting to see how successful the new film is. The 90's film was based on the success of the cartoon and the designs stayed true to the cartoon designs. Now though, the new cartoon is doing well but the new film is heading in a complete change of direction from what today's turtle fans know as their turtles.

Are there any proto pics or anything of the 90's turtles?

Back