TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB n RS are selling well, and most people that got them are very glad they did.
Scale isn't something that PM have been good at. All their figures follow the rule of make it to a scale that fits in the box!

They aren't even out in the majority of places. Most sites still have them on preorder and most TRU here don't have them yet.

And believe me I know PM sucks at scale, it's the reason I don't own a Metal or Leatherhead. :lol

I'm staying away from the smaller figures. Decided to buy the 11"ers. Took a page out of elvis' book. No where near done. Trying ideas with the teeth. Though it doesn't look like much there was a lot of work put into just this one figure. I like the idea of the colored wrists straps. I'm not completely happy with the ones in the pic, however.
314cyt5.jpg

I like the 11" Turtles as they are.
I want to get the Dojo versions, but I've not seen them available here yet.
As for BB n RS, both are available through amazon, the TRU website and the PM website. They keep selling out, but get restocked quite quickly.

Had my first sighting of the Ninja's in Training at a TRU in Canada. (Pickering to be exact) Grabbed Leo & Donnie since my dude already has Mikey and Ralph from Grandma's trip to the 'States a while ago. Also grabbing Cockroach Terminator. Again, fist time I've seen him, and the only one they had.

Baxter, Leatherhead and Snakeweed are finally becoming little more common now as well.

And there goes pretty much any chance of seeing a Shredder/Splinter. I highly doubt these are going to sell well when people realise the scale issues.

Sad days indeed. :lecture :mad: I wish a higher end company would make some turtles, Play Arts comes to mind. If only Neca would have attempted classic animated. If these do sell at all, I wonder how many collectors buy them thinking they are in scale with the Turtles?

Hot Toys movie turtles would be RIP to the game, nothing else would matter then. :lol

I'm interested in the Classic Krane with Robot body, just wondering did they rerelease them? The Krane with bipod seems common but the Robot is hard to find.

I think BB and RS are well done. I have them behind the turtles on a riser so the scale isn't as noticeable.

I think I'll still get BB and RS just to have them on their own. I really hope if we get future figures though, they make them in scale with BB and RS. I'm sure it'd be easier to get turtles in scale with them than vice versa.

Regarding the whole scale thing, I think the Fwoosh review said it best...

"The last big discussion point I want to hit is the scale of these two figures. There has been a loud outcry that these two figures are too small in comparison to the turtles, and while I would have preferred that they were a bit taller, I think we, as a collective fan base, have brought that perception on ourselves. The old action figures and cartoon, which are undoubtably the most famous renderings of Bebop and Rocksteady, don’t feature giant versions of them. In fact, I am not sure where we got that from because I cannot find any source material (at least well-known) where they are big.

If you look at the vintage figures, Bebop and Rocksteady are pretty much exactly the same height as the turtles. Sure, they all had bent knees, but they were very close nonetheless. The same is true about the cartoon because if you go back and watch (I did), they are also very close in height. So, while I would have preferred that they were bigger, I cannot really fault Playmates with the scale because they are actually consistent with their vintage counterparts and influences."

I agree 110% with this. I too re-watched the cartoon, and yeah, they are essentially the same size. I too believe it's just a self-made perception in the vein of "they're bad guys" or maybe even because the real life counter parts are pretty large animals? Either way, I think they're awesome figures and I'm happy that they were made.

you all seeing more bebops and rocksteadys out there?
time is running out and my boy asked for this on his list to santa

Back when I found mine at TRU, there were 4 of each (3 after I bought 'em). Went back to the same store on Black Friday and NONE were left, and haven't seen any since then.

That quote from fwoosh is utter bull**** sorry... I was watching the cartoon the other day the episode where Krang gets his new body in the first season, there is a scene at the beginning that shows a side angle shot of Donatello pushing opposite Bebop a dumpster. Donatellos head goes up to about bebops belly, both were standing straight.

That quote from fwoosh is utter bull**** sorry... I was watching the cartoon the other day the episode where Krang gets his new body in the first season, there is a scene at the beginning that shows a side angle shot of Donatello pushing opposite Bebop a dumpster. Donatellos head goes up to about bebops belly, both were standing straight.
Agree
A rhino is larger than a human, wouldn't make any sense to make a mutated rhino the same size as a person

Back