TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toys r us canada has the TMNT stuff 25% off but the classics are priced at $22.99 so they would be like $18 something plus tax

I found a Raph Flingers figure on line yesterday, so ordered that. I still need Don and Leo. I want to find em before the next wave hits in April.
Playmates confirmed, ratking, terminator cockroach, spider bytz and newtalizer by June. Then there's the 2nd Shredder, turtles in traing two packs and the stealth turtles.

I have to stop coming in this thread. It makes the figures that much harder to pass up. :eek:

I could live with that. I do think the Jim Henson Turtles will be hard to beat though.

Very hard to beat Jim (but with todays tech surely they can do something amazing?!?!?) I'm not a fan of the swollen forearms and ankles though. Get some Ice on those boys!!

Oh ok.
What about the new Classic retro line? My kids love the new Turtles, But I'm a 80's-90's kid...

HaHa.. I was watching a couple of classics this morning before work. Can't beat it a bit of Turtle Power.
The Classic Line is proceeding with Bebop and Rocksteady. These do look pretty good. No release date that I have seen yet, although they are appearing on preorder on line over here. So far, no news of any other figures from this line, but, I am sure there will be.
I had this in my phone. It's my current Turtles Corner!! A mix of all the lines.

And these vehicles just arrived!! These are actually pretty cool looking vehicles, and you get TWO new figures, a point I hadn't considered when I ordered them last week.

Last edited:
Funny, my mouser order just arrived.
IMG_3309.jpg

Apparently I ordered this back in JULY 2009! I forgot about it and apparently BBTS did, too. They have been sitting on it until this month. That's a few short of 4 frigging years. Not even an apology offered (normally I wouldn't care but I was already miffed about something else they did years ago LOL).

The swollen forearms and ankles are based on the art of Ross Campbell. https://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/gallery/24484975
He did a one-off Leonardo comic book issue for Nickelodeon, who liked the style so much they based the designs for the new cartoon off of it. Ross draws the turtles that way in an effort to make them look more youthful.

Hey Thanks for that Red :hi5: I didn't know that. Very interesting and thanks for the link aswell :)

The swollen forearms and ankles are based on the art of Ross Campbell. https://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/gallery/24484975
He did a one-off Leonardo comic book issue for Nickelodeon, who liked the style so much they based the designs for the new cartoon off of it. Ross draws the turtles that way in an effort to make them look more youthful.

yeah, campbell's artwork is awesome. i'm going to have to find that Leo book.

does anyone know who illustrated this? it's from the 80's and i can't read the signature.

How common are the classics to see in store? I've been to 3
TRU and haven't seen any the last 3 months or so

Damn, sucks that they are sold out; just came across this thread today. Would have been nice to pick up a classic Mikey. Any chance they'll get another release?

I have that book, I will have to do some digging but I will post the info when I find it:)

thanks skull. my cousin had a poster of that when we were kids. i always thought is was an amazing illustration. i know it was reprinted in one of the turtles trade paperbacks recently but could never find where it originally came from.

The turtles are awesome! I was gonna get these from Toy R Us back in January.. But I passed.. I wish Hot Toys would make them in 1/6!! That would be EPIC!

Back