TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what the black friday sales at toys r us will be like this year, missed last years. but I think it will be a good time to buy turtle stuff. my local toys r us is sold out of classic leo and ralp. they had like 4 ralp's a week ago and 2 leo's. hope they continue the line. but have a feeling they won't and I can see these figures skyrocketing in price over the years.

They'd be crazy or hate money if they chose not to.

I'm guessing (hoping :pray:) its none of the above though.

401 games toronto got new stock of the classic turtles. 19.99 each, they all have nicer eye's this time around. pegs were full exept for Leo which had one less on the peg. He is my favorite of the bunch with mickey coming in second. they just look meaner then ralp and don.

Thanks! Wash the figures with soap and water first or you'll risk your paint not holding. Then take some black acrylic paint (I got mine at Michaels) and a touch of water and paint over the knee and elbow pads and the bandannas. I tend to paint both knees and both elbows, then wipe it off with a rag or paper towel, and you're good to go.
On the headbands,I actually painted the eyes white first, waited for them to dry, then did the wash on the bandannas. After the wash dried, I brushed on a fresh coat of white so the eyes would stand out more.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I am not the most artistic person you'll ever encounter. If I can do it, just about anyone can. Just take your time and keep a wet cloth or paper towel handy in case you need to quickly wipe up a mistake.

I think I will keep mine just a they are, and in their packs.. For now anyways.
And, just finished the second season of the 2003-2009 series of TMNT. So far these have been pretty good. This last epic (4 parts of The Big Brawl) have been great fun.

Last edited:
toys r us on young/eglington got more stock of all the classic turtles 21.99 each. 401 games got more this week for just 19.99 each.

Leo is and Mick have the meanest looking head sculpts and look more menacing then Ralph which is the hothead.

$20 isn't a bad deal. I have checked the uk amazon site and they are now asking £20 per figure for preorders! :nana:
That's crazy.
I ordered the last three at $14 each over here, including Metalhead . Should get them this week :yess:

Repainted an extra Metalhead to sell on ebay. Couldn't get any bids at $20 (LOL) so I figured I'd make myself a corroded Metalhead. A damp sewer may be a nice habitat for a turtle or a rat, but it's not the best environment for a robot. ;)

TMNT Metalhead repaints front by TheLegoJoker, on Flickr

TMNT Metalhead repaints back by TheLegoJoker, on Flickr
Awesome, love the rusted look. Waiting for a couple colors to come in, but thats how I'd like mine to look.

Love the rusted look. maybe have the lower half of his legs more rusted since he's usually knee deep in the sewer sludge.

Anyone else ordered the TMNT Classic DVD collection? Got my shipping notice this Monday. Glad I POd for $69.99
TMNT1987_Complete.jpg

real candaian superstore has the shellraiser for just $19.99 still no sign of metal head around these neck of the woods

Anyone else ordered the TMNT Classic DVD collection? Got my shipping notice this Monday. Glad I POd for $69.99
TMNT1987_Complete.jpg

I have all of these already, but this set rocks, so I am getting a set. I use amazing thru the uk store, so it has to show up there before I can order it. Or, I can have ny of my mates who go to the us at Christmas to pick it up, as I'm not in the states till February .

The pizza playsets and the new villains look cool. Hopefully they retain most of the detailing shown in the prototypes. I don't care for the 4 turtles, but I do like their more toon accurate heads.

Really intrigued with what may be in store for the next series of classics. Bummed we have to wait till February, though.

Back