TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just recieved a notification with tracking # from BBTS stating they processed my order for the Super7 Ultimates Raphael variant which arrived in their warehouse today. I just PO'd it a few days ago and was expecting to get in a few years since BBTS takes forever to get orders in. On a side note, can anyone explain the difference between the original Raphael release and this variant? I looked at both and can't really see a difference.

As far as Super7 says, the only difference is the unpainted weapons rack will be a slightly different color and that's it.

Any possibility of seeing another release of the 7-inch movie turtles? I missed out on them :-\

I wish the movie 2 packs would come to the UK. We get the Foot and Casey/Raph ones but then the Turtles, Shredder and Splinter are singles.

Any possibility of seeing another release of the 7-inch movie turtles? I missed out on them :-\

While I didn't miss out on the single pack figures I'm hoping the 2 packs go up on thenecastore for preorder like they just did with the Splinter/Shredder and the footsoldiers. Any previous time when those 2 packs were offered they instantly sold out.

While I didn't miss out on the single pack figures I'm hoping the 2 packs go up on thenecastore for preorder like they just did with the Splinter/Shredder and the footsoldiers. Any previous time when those 2 packs were offered they instantly sold out.

That would be great, Walmart was a bust for me.

The Turtle Disguise 4 pack.

EuXP7Z3XEAEtnM7

EuXP7Z2XEAAF4mg

EuXP7Z4XcAAwIx5

EuXP7Z1XIAkLoLY

Are the disguise 4 packs in Target or Walmart? When are they coming out?

I would assume Target as all the Toon stuff is sold either as Target exclusives or direct from Neca.

Walmart does not sell anything from the cartoon line, only the movie line, so not sure why it would be a Walmart exclusive.

The 4 pack is probably gonna be NECA online, 4 figures alone is like $100 and now you're basically including a loaded accessory pack to, probably pushing around $150-$200 when all is said and done and that seems pricey for Target shelves, maybe this will even be a made to order thing like Tokka and Rahzar.

So is that how the turtles wear their pants? tucking the tops under the shell while wearing their GI belt on the shell?

Randy Falk mentioned on Twitter that Ultimate TMNT movie figures are coming to Wal-Mart this year:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1362403046395944962

I called this last summer when they announced the accessory set with the alternate turtle heads. I predicted some of the contents of that pack would eventually be spread over four Ultimate turtle releases, with maybe a third new head sculpt thrown in for each turtle to get folks to double or triple-dip. Ugh.

If it happens, that will be the fourth release of the 1990 movie turtle figures in three years - after the SDCC set, the GameStop singles and the Wal-Mart 2-packs. If they retail for $30 each like other Ultimates, that means I could have saved around $80 vs. the cost of buying the SDCC set (which NECA insisted at the time was the only way they'd ever be released) and the accessory set from the NECA Store.

It's a safe bet that Casey Jones will also get reissued as an Ultimate with the Elias Koteas head sculpt thrown in, making the previous release obsolete. I guess you don't really lose if you snooze with this line, as procrastination keeps paying off. They're gonna milk it with improved reissues until their license expires.

I really have to imagine the TMNT figures are their most successful venture yet, I mean they literally can't keep them on the shelves anywhere in the country. They must be so excited. And there's still people that missed out on the movie turtles after so many releases. I'll most likely grab the Ultimate 4 pack. I have the original SDCC set, and I can't complain about that one. Unless they were bold face lying to us, they didn't have any deal in place at that time to get them distributed. Either way it's not like they had to twist anyone's arm to buy the set, the packaging was outstanding.

Also Randy confirmed on Twitter that the Cartoon Disguise 4 pack is going to be $125.

Unless they were bold face lying to us, they didn't have any deal in place at that time to get them distributed.
I seem to remember screenshots from the GameStop pre-order listings (the store computers, not the website) being posted here before SDCC 2018. So a wider release was likely already in place, NECA just kept it to themselves for obvious business reasons. They later backtracked by stating the "these will only ever be con exclusives" line was just in reference to the 4-Pack.

OIP.5QJ4aD43zAc-Ii_rlRKBNwHaHy

The GameStop releases I didn't mind, but it did suck that getting the turtles that way ended up being $40 cheaper. I mean, the VHS-style packaging from the convention set is nifty -- but not $40 nifty. Still, getting these figures into the hands of more eager collectors is a good thing. I can always try selling my old set if I end up preferring the Ultimates, but I doubt I'll bother.

Back