TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found Krang in store. Actually saw Bebop and Rocksteady there too but already ordered from neca online. Hopping to see Casey and April restocks. They made a ton of those Splinter sets.

Finally found Krang in store. Actually saw Bebop and Rocksteady there too but already ordered from neca online. Hopping to see Casey and April restocks. They made a ton of those Splinter sets.

I would had gotten them in person, I?m mr right now, I?m prone to cancel online shipments if I ran into them at retail, that?s just me though, waiting on shipping and see how they arrive vs inspecting what?s available hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty badass shot, right there.

Has NECA mentioned making a pack of the turtles with TMNT 2 headsculpts?
I'm sure that is not wanted by a lot of folks, but I would like to have those looks
to go with Tokka, Rahzar and Super Shredder.

That's a pretty badass shot, right there.

Has NECA mentioned making a pack of the turtles with TMNT 2 headsculpts?
I'm sure that is not wanted by a lot of folks, but I would like to have those looks
to go with Tokka, Rahzar and Super Shredder.

No, I'm not really sure what else they're going to be doing from the movies at this point.

No, I'm not really sure what else they're going to be doing from the movies at this point.

I could see NECA re-releasing the turtles with the new sculpts from the accessory set later this year, just to keep them in circulation. And given the depth of the line, a SOTO Shredder is inevitable at this point I would say. And I'd probably pick one up. :lol

NECA has already said SOTO Shredder is coming, at least revealed some time in 2021, I can’t wait, I love the movie Shredder designs.

NECA has already said SOTO Shredder is coming, at least revealed some time in 2021, I can?t wait, I love the movie Shredder designs.

Ah perfect. Dare I say I actually prefer his SOTO design over the first movie.
I really need to figure out how to display these though, as they're starting to take up a lot of space.

:lol I get that. You can probably blame that on the playmates Super Shredder. He was THE Shredder in my collection as a child for a couple of years, and I removed the shoulder guard at some point to make him a "normal" version. So that purple look stuck with me.

On that note, my Super Shredder arrived today as well. Really great figure, and he hits my nostalgia hard. Having both him and Tokka of this quality was not something I would have expected to have just a few years ago. NECA really outdid themselves on this line.

I got my shipment today for the last Lootcrate with the bunny Bebop and Rocksteady figures. I wonder if they'll keep going with doing that. I'm fairly eh on the choices now. I'd really like more movie figures at this point picking from all the NECA incarnations (Mirage, cartoon, movie, and arcade).

got my first set of Tokka and Rahzar. oh god, how beautiful they are, especially my childhood favourite Tokka. and i'd say Rahzar is better than movie variant, he looks less like a monkey than in the movie.

the problem is:

movie Rahzar had chains either connected to his hip "armor" or just long enough to hang to that level:

dGBDX5E.jpg

prototype had long chains:

4nthuuW.jpg

stock product doesn't have chains in that area!!!
though i devinitely see double chains under the belly armor. looks like they simply aren't long enough or are glued the wrong way.

Tokka-Rahzar-09__scaled_800.jpg

if anybody finds a way to fix the hip chains without major chain replacement / addition, PLEASE share it here!! :pray:

P., I looked at my Rahzar and the chains have the ability to lay like the display prototype, the problem i see is that the display piece probably put material to hold the chains in place, where on the production piece, the chains and shield are looser and flop around, but if you could lock the chest plate and such in place, that would give more chain slack to have the chains hanging down the thighs.

MaulFan
thanks. yeah i guess i understand how the whole construction was supposed to work, but somebody assembled it wrong. i can make one side slightly longer, but another one is too high.

A big difference I notice is that it looks like they were working on articulated fingers in prototype and ultimately landed on sets of hands that more or less seem identical.

Back