TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received Super Shredder from Neca Store yesterday... Wonkiest eyes I have Ever Seen!
0de9aefaf55921817323d3baf6a7dc88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks pretty bad, mines should be here today as well.

My brother picked these up for me today, only have 1 Krang left. The Krang boxes are not in the best condition but he grabbed me the best looking one.

I have one set of the krang/baxter/splinter already sold and one set pending.

IMG_4353 (1).jpg

What a good TMNT day, I just had news that my Tokka & Rahzar is finally moving after being stuck in shipping limbo for two weeks, and I've pre-ordered Krang's Android Body, Mondo Gecko, the 2-pack Punk Frogs, Muckman and Chrome Dome.

Now to find where to put all that... :lol

Where?d you pre order all that from?

That is crazy, but the other collector is quite fortunate someone honest received it.

I know from collectors who received defective figures that NECA has no extras of this set to replaced lost/damaged/defective ones, which is ridiculous.

If not for you, the other person would have been out of luck.

Neither NECA nor the guy have replied so far, so let's see what happens.

I was very fortunate to win an auction for the Tokka and Rahzar set over the weekend and they got delivered today, what an amazing set, I'm so glad I had this opportunity because I had to save my money for Super Shredder back during the order window, but I didn't really want to pass on these guys. As a photographer, I love the articulated brows on Tokka. The paint work really stand out, every bit as good as the Turtles themselves, if not even better. Can't wait for the SOTO Shredder to come out.

View attachment 503811

Congrats, Sean. I'm particularly amazed by Tokka. The Playmates figure was one of my favorite's as a child. There's something about Tokka's design and NECA's figure's heft that I love. I'm working from home currently, and I get up multiple times a day just to look at him for a bit. :lol

I just opened the Tokka/Rahzar set the other day and yeah they're great. The hands are a little baffling since I had to really look at them to figure out if they were doubles, but otherwise terrific all around. I know NECA said they'd make this only once, but seeing how great they are I have to think they'll do them again sometime, maybe after a while when their schedule is a bit more free.

I'm also very glad I didn't break any joints on them lol

Glad I wasn't the only one who was confused by the hands. :lol I looked up online reviews to check that there weren't supposed to be other hands instead of the near identical ones.

Congrats, Sean. I'm particularly amazed by Tokka. The Playmates figure was one of my favorite's as a child. There's something about Tokka's design and NECA's figure's heft that I love. I'm working from home currently, and I get up multiple times a day just to look at him for a bit. :lol

Thanks, I would agree. Of the two Playmates figures back in the day, Tokka was the more minimized from the film design, Rahzar was quite close albeit more cartoony. NECA Tokka also has more elaborate paint work by nature of the film design, plus the articulation and especially those eyebrows, it's a very impressive piece.

My shield for Rahzar is missing one of the strap pieces, but luckily the one it does have works fine and is in the right position. It's a curious way NECA did that, making it fragile and all, would have thought they'd used a simple, functional strap.

Thanks, I would agree. Of the two Playmates figures back in the day, Tokka was the more minimized from the film design, Rahzar was quite close albeit more cartoony. NECA Tokka also has more elaborate paint work by nature of the film design, plus the articulation and especially those eyebrows, it's a very impressive piece.

My shield for Rahzar is missing one of the strap pieces, but luckily the one it does have works fine and is in the right position. It's a curious way NECA did that, making it fragile and all, would have thought they'd used a simple, functional strap.

I think it's also the sculpted fur that drags Rahzar down a bit for me, as it simply lessens the realism (not that real/faux fur would have been better at this scale and price-point of course).
That's also the one thing I don't like much about Tokka: those thickly sculpted pieces of cloth around his wrists. I might look into replacing those with real fabric, if I can find something suitable.

Took some shots of the two today as well.

IMG_5131_4_small.jpg

IMG_5150_2_small.jpg

There's only jaw movement on Rahzar right? Tokka has eyebrows, mouth, and his nose moved a bit on mine; I wasn't sure if that was intended.

Yeh, Rahzar is only mouth, Tokka has the eyebrows because the design allowed for being able to pose them and have it look natural, and I didn't know about the nose, but it is intentional, and watching the movie, it does move around at times to emote.

anyone else skipping Chromedome, Gecco & Muckman? I don't have much memory of them and their look doesn't appeal me. Prices seems high from where i'm at for like a 1.5 figure set. I'm even skipping Genghis & Rasputin despite the cool items.

Back