TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been quietly sitting back and reading some of the latest post on this whole mess with neca tmnt exclusives.I pretty much gave up on this line because of the glaring problem with their releases and crazy scalping prices.Anyone here thinking of going towards the super7 tmnt line? They look fantastic in my opinion and much easier to purchase then driving all over the state or paying a hefty 3rd party prices.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I already prefer the Super7 line, but then the original Playmates figures were my 'in' to the TMNT world. I'm just cherry picking though, because of finances and space. I've been screwing around with NECA just trying to get their 'toon Leatherhead, and that's already turned into an enormous headache. Just one figure. One. How can it be this difficult? I'm so close to boycotting NECA out of pure spite. :lol

I been quietly sitting back and reading some of the latest post on this whole mess with neca tmnt exclusives.I pretty much gave up on this line because of the glaring problem with their releases and crazy scalping prices.Anyone here thinking of going towards the super7 tmnt line? They look fantastic in my opinion and much easier to purchase then driving all over the state or paying a hefty 3rd party prices.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I already have my Super 7 wave 1 set in. Really great figures, very different than the NECA stuff but I find them to be even more nostalgic feeling. Already have the other waves preordered as well so Im all in for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently getting 3 lines basically, cartoon NECA, movie NECA, and then Super7. The movie stuff is drying up a bit since there's just not that many characters; I mean there might be like another $200-300 tops I can see myself spending on anyone left, at the absolute most. The cartoon stuff and Super7 obviously can go way deeper. Will have to figure that out lol.

You guys forget Neca is the new Hasbro, now they work hand in hand with Target to cause demand because of no stock, plus we will see like 10 versions of each figure, i mean heck we got cartoon repaints already lolol

I'm currently getting 3 lines basically, cartoon NECA, movie NECA, and then Super7. The movie stuff is drying up a bit since there's just not that many characters; I mean there might be like another $200-300 tops I can see myself spending on anyone left, at the absolute most. The cartoon stuff and Super7 obviously can go way deeper. Will have to figure that out lol.

I'm only getting some of the Super 7 characters that I like and that are different enough from the Neca cartoon line, like Baxter or Casey.Im passing on the turtles, Splinter and shredder to name a few. As for the film, I limiting myself to the 1990 TMNT only. As for the cartoon line...oh boy, I'm not sure how deep I'll go, but I want all the major memorable characters.

2a96372dbda9e38e4b04395b1aed555b.jpg

on top of fighting for availability with these hard to get figures you also to worry about stuff missing, the little turtle is missing from packaging, i am so done with neca(yes i shaked the box and nothing and the seals were closed i am damn sure it was put up last night) and the box came all beat with a massive dent by the logo

2a96372dbda9e38e4b04395b1aed555b.jpg

on top of fighting for availability with these hard to get figures you also to worry about stuff missing, the little turtle is missing from packaging, i am so done with neca(yes i shaked the box and nothing and the seals were closed i am damn sure it was put up last night) and the box came all beat with a massive dent by the logo

What's worse is that half the Leatherheads out there have cream-colored ankle pegs by mistake. The later runs were corrected to blue, but now you have to look out for that every time as well. :rolleyes2

I randomly came across a Slash and Leatherhead 2-pack at my local Target (the first NECA TMNT figures I?ve ever seen there before). I?ll gladly sell them to a Freak here for my cost + the tax I paid + the shipping cost.

First person to PM me gets them!

EDIT: Claimed!

I just got the Mirage Comics TMNT themed Loot Crate in today. Anyone out there that wants the Shredder figure and would like to trade for one of the more recent Target or Walmart exclusives PM me. I already have Metalhead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up also! I tried peaking at the box and also saw it was blue pegged from what I can see so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's worse is that half the Leatherheads out there have cream-colored ankle pegs by mistake. The later runs were corrected to blue, but now you have to look out for that every time as well. :rolleyes2

also always check they have the correct arms & legs, hands/feet.

The movie stuff is drying up a bit since there's just not that many characters; I mean there might be like another $200-300 tops I can see myself spending on anyone left, at the absolute most..

True. They've pretty much got through all of the exciting movie characters already.

As a fan of NECAs Kenner Alien line, where they updated the designs themselves (and knocked the designs out of the park), I'd LOVE if they did a similar thing for the TMNT and updated some other characters to a "realistic" movie style.

Imagine how cool a 1990 "movie" Rocksteady, Bebop, Leatherhead, Slash and Mondo Gecko could be.

Hopefully these are just rumors but reading that NECA canceled international preorders for Super Shredder from companies like Popcultcha because they were selling to the US. Anyone else heard this?

Hopefully these are just rumors but reading that NECA canceled international preorders for Super Shredder from companies like Popcultcha because they were selling to the US. Anyone else heard this?

Yeah..actually read that NECA got in a little trouble for that as it wasn?t in their interest to have 3rd parties like Popcultcha to order so many from them as they wanted to make them for Walmart only as part of their deal with Walmart and the Necastore to the U.S. exclusively or something of that nature. Which is probably why they did the International option for Shredder as well at the time.

All those people who jumped on the bandwagon through Popcultcha might get cancellations because I think NECA is going to go back and cut Popcultcha?s initial orders in half..at least the ones being sent to the U.S. :lecture

If you watch some YouTube reviews..Walmart is really cracking down on the distribution of the turtle line to the secondary markets with tags Saying Walmart exclusive only and anyone trying to purchase them to sell might be in trouble and having the two packs tied together with a sensor.

Last edited:
I wonder why NECA got in business with Walmart in the first place. I agree with the idea that in a post-TRU world, Target and Walmart are your biggest retail players for Toys, but at least around me, Walmarts are lesser quality stores compared to Target, my Walmarts always look run down and dirty and not the most reliable for putting out new merchandise. My hope with Walmart was that you’d be able to order off their website because I knew I’d never find these things in store, which I can’t, I’m so grateful I was able to get Shredder direct from NECA.

Back