TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer Shedder from 1990, but SOTU looked good, and the purple color was more cartoon accurate. While Shredder from 1990 is he best live action version so far (IMO), I think my "perfect" Shredder would be the costume from SOTU and the helmet from 1990.

What will be interesting to see is if the SOTO figure includes a new face sculpt underneath or if they recycle to save money.

71f6fcc3925cab2a8d4a48bedd5d0554.jpg

I don't see any reason the mask replica needs an open preorder. I've had mine for like a year and a half and it wasn't even the first time it was offered. It's literally available for preorder on BBTS now, maybe for international people?

I kinda feel like Tatsu is more important than Casey in that he appeared in the first 2 films, where Casey?s biggest outing was the first movie, his appearance in the third felt more like a cameo.

I guess it's a cameo if you ignore that he plays a second character almost the entirety of the 3rd movie.

That’s the actor, not the character.

Also, got a $5 coupon form NECA for my Super Shredder order, that’ll be nice to use towards future Turtle products.

WT? Somebody already found Super Shredder at Walmart and posted on Instagram

Why do they have this in store already if we have to wait for the pre orders:pfft:

Last edited:
WT? Somebody already found Super Shredder at Walmart and posted on Instagram

Why do they have this in store already if we have to wait for the pre orders:pfft:

Because Walmart paid them more than you did. :lol

NECA did say that SuperShredder was going to be far more accessible than the previous Walmart exclusives

I think they also said they're doing flat rate shipping now.
I just added Metalhead to my cart and the flat rate is $14.99 for US customers.

As tempting as the cartoon line is for me, I think I'll be sitting it out all together. If I could have gradually found them all at Target, I might have bit. But dropping close to $70 per two-pack after shipping on the NECA Store (and $45 for the single deluxe releases) would get old really fast. Not to mention having about ten releases to catch up on and at least that many more still in the pipeline. There's also too many foot soldier variants they force you to buy in order to obtain key characters like April and Casey.

It's great for those who are sick of searching Target and I guess it beats paying scalper prices. Still, that shipping cost is a bit steep with no way to combine orders and having to pay it all up front. It would also be a good idea to stagger out the one week pre-order windows a bit more for these reissues. Give customers a clear schedule at least a month early for when each listing will go live on the NECA Store. Allow folks to budget and plan accordingly instead of springing a pre-order on them overnight.

Now that it looks like the NECA Store may be handling US pre-orders for the line going forward, the company has apparently begun imposing restrictions on foreign retailers. It seems those retailers (who sometimes offer cheaper shipping to the US than the NECA Store charges for domestic delivery) are now prohibited from shipping TMNT figures to America. Stateside folks who had their pre-orders locked in from Canadian stores have started getting cancellation notices that indicate NECA's new distribution policies are to blame.

Also, got a $5 coupon form NECA for my Super Shredder order, that'll be nice to use towards future Turtle products.

I haven't gotten the $5 apology coupon, but I did receive a short message from their customer service when I inquired why shipping for one Super Shredder figure cost me $23 (about triple what it should have). I also asked if they could tell me why UPS Ground was no longer being offered. They replied:

I'm sorry, currently that is the only shipping option available for that item. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

The NECA Club Team

Maybe instead of sending me a coupon, they feel this reply is good enough for anyone who dared to complain. Granted, they don't have to give out anything - but a $5 code is a hollow gesture in my book. Even if it was a $5 partial shipping refund instead of a coupon, I'd still be paying $18 for delivery of one figure (more than Tokka and Rahzar combined). A free shipping code would have gone a lot farther in restoring customer goodwill.

I been quietly sitting back and reading some of the latest post on this whole mess with neca tmnt exclusives.I pretty much gave up on this line because of the glaring problem with their releases and crazy scalping prices.Anyone here thinking of going towards the super7 tmnt line? They look fantastic in my opinion and much easier to purchase then driving all over the state or paying a hefty 3rd party prices.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back