TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all of Series 3 delivered this morning. Hope for all your sakes the restrictions get lifted so that your local comic stores can order them.
The figures themselves are all great, even the April in hand doesn?t seem as bad. Could still do with a slightly smaller head but it certainly doesn?t look as big right in front of me. Leatherhead is huge, bigger than Beebop and Rocksteady but the stand outs are Casey and Slash.
View attachment 490471View attachment 490472View attachment 490473View attachment 490474View attachment 490475View attachment 490476

Nice! How?d you get them? International order?

I think outside of them releasing a better April head, my biggest character wants are Usagi Yojimbo and human/Japanese forms of Oroku Saki and Himato Yoshi. But we'll see how deep Neca is willing to go to get to those chars =)

Looks like you got your wish for Oroku Saki and Himato Yoshi.

Considering Neca has a whole Alien line that's reimagining old Kenner designs as new detailed modern designs, it would be pretty cool if NECA continued their movie line by making their own "Movie versions" of some other characters like Beebop and Rocksteady.
(attaching Bay TMNT concept art as an idea to demonstrate...)
View attachment 490819

These designs were so good. To bad the turtles were ugly

*Sigh* Never had a chance with the Tour set on Target. Was able to add to cart but sold out before I could finish. To make matters worse, I kept refreshing for another 5 minutes and was able to add it again but still not check out. First year I?ve missed the exclusives. Only solace is that they have rereleased the previous years sets as single figures so maybe that will happen again. AND I have been checking Target everyday this week with no NECA section restocks yet.

On the plus side I saved myself $160 that I just put towards a dusty Deadpool to go with Cable. Anyone paying like $300 for 4 NECA figures is a complete fool, I do not care what the rarity is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Sigh* Never had a chance with the Tour set on Target. Was able to add to cart but sold out before I could finish. To make matters worse, I kept refreshing for another 5 minutes and was able to add it again but still not check out. First year I?ve missed the exclusives. Only solace is that they have rereleased the previous years sets as single figures so maybe that will happen again. AND I have been checking Target everyday this week with no NECA section restocks yet.

On the plus side I saved myself $160 that I just put towards a dusty Deadpool to go with Cable. Anyone paying like $300 for 4 NECA figures is a complete fool, I do not care what the rarity is.

This line has become crippled by its exclusivity in the US, I honestly think I'm gonna have to bow out it's not worth the stress and effort that needs to be put in.

Hopefully these come to a retailer like BBTS so everyone can order these without wasting time checking stores. Im still holding out hope for a Casey Ralph two pack...

With gamestop you could preorder and get it guaranteed, they just do whatever they want to with target and walmart

Hopefully these come to a retailer like BBTS so everyone can order these without wasting time checking stores. Im still holding out hope for a Casey Ralph two pack...

I'm almost certain Randy said this set is way too niche and won't get a retail release. I'm not dying that I missed out, but I would've enjoyed the set. Maybe I've been oblivious to bots, but ordering from target be it this, or the regular releases, or the exclusive GIJOEs from a couple days ago has been terrible. What's the point?

I'm almost certain Randy said this set is way too niche and won't get a retail release. I'm not dying that I missed out, but I would've enjoyed the set. Maybe I've been oblivious to bots, but ordering from target be it this, or the regular releases, or the exclusive GIJOEs from a couple days ago has been terrible. What's the point?

He almost always says things are not happening or will never happen just to cover their butts. I remember he specifically said that about the previous con exclusives at the time, that they would never be available at retail. Like, I guess technically he was being truthful since the actual 4-packs never made it to retail. But I feel like the only thing you can take his word for is if he says he personally has no interest in doing a line or figure, or if he says they are having issues getting likeness approval to make a figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I cant help but to feel theyre selling themselves short on this license. The concert turtles seem to sell well. Why not crank out more? I can see these going for insane prices on eBay.

I cant help but to feel theyre selling themselves short on this license. The concert turtles seem to sell well. Why not crank out more? I can see these going for insane prices on eBay.

I think on Twitter, they said something like they are only allowed to produce so many due to licensing restrictions. The deals with Walmart and Target restrict them as well.

My target NECA section got restocked either last night or this morning. Of course not even a glimpse of any turtle stuff. The shelves were so packed that there wasn?t even a space where they could?ve been sitting in the first place, so who knows if they even made it onto the shelves or if the store even got any in stock to begin with. I could?ve bought like a dozen of every single Godzilla figure they?ve ever made if I really wanted to though, I guess *rolls eyes*. I think I?m gonna give myself at least a week or two before I start looking again. I?m so done with this company right now. Super7 can have all my money.

I think on Twitter, they said something like they are only allowed to produce so many due to licensing restrictions. The deals with Walmart and Target restrict them as well.

This makes sense due to the seemingly limited supply.

There is still hope for the Target wave. They are now out in Northeast Florida. They weren’t at any Targets when I checked yesterday but at lunchtime I decided just to stop in one. I had pretty much resigned myself to disappointment but to my shock Casey and Metalhead were there. Even more surprising is that someone most have picked some up before me and they left a set since I doubt they ship one per case. No sign of April or the Walmart ones though.

So I had to drive out a ways for a doctor appointment and decided to stop in at one more Target on the way. Man I was so psyched to see a guy with a giant open NECA box restocking the shelves. So I go up, see a Metalhead, and asked if he could hand it to me so I could buy it. Well, apparently it was on hold for one of the electronics employees. What a ****ing load of ********. I got to talking with the rep and he said best time to check stores is on Mon, Wed, or Thurs between 8-10 AM. Said that stores shipment was supposed to come on Monday but was late, and then the employees messed up and set the figures out on their own instead of waiting for him, so that was the reason he was there this afternoon on a Friday. I assume that is why my local target got restocked this morning as well. Said he only comes once every two weeks to stock stuff and was telling me some stories about customers creepily stalking him as he puts out stock for 30-60 minutes at a time. Also said he was going to contact his distributor to request more stock and suggest they tell Target to limit to one per customer. Nice guy but still ridiculous that the Metalhead figure was on a hold for an employee.

Last edited:
hypnobrett - that is ridiculous. Man, I'm so glad I'm not diving into this line. I'll get my 'Turtle-jollies' from the Turtles in Time figures and Super7. (Both of which I can buy without venturing out into the wasteland.) Christ.

Neca said on Social Media they are going to stop the Bots from preorders and make it more easy to order exclusives.

I’ll believe it when I see it :lecture

Back