TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walmart supercenters are the only ones that carry it on the electronic section, close to the arcade 1up areas mostly but not too far off it. I have SEEN my store place neca figures in regular shelves. i remember the baby turtles mixed in with the turtles toys but the poster above is true if they are not available near you the store does not carry it. they only get two per box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either the in-store inventory count on the Wal-Mart site is incorrect or an employee at my local store is buying these before the customers get a crack at them. I looked at the site yesterday morning and the 2-pack showed as "Out of Stock" everywhere near me. I checked again last evening and it said "Only 1 left!" at the nearest location. I almost headed out the door before realizing the store had just closed and wouldn't be open again until 7 AM. So I woke up early this morning and got there just as the doors opened. I made sure to double check the site again and it still showed one set remained in the store.

I made my way to the electronics department, but the only trace of the 2-pack was a $49.96 shelf tag under an empty space. I looked around everywhere, thinking someone had hidden it. No dice. I even scoured the toy department to be extra thorough. Still nothing. I checked the website again (as I had less than ten minutes earlier) and it now showed "Out of Stock" at this store. Same for every other Wal-Mart within a thirty mile radius that had shown "In Stock" this morning. All gone within ten minutes of the stores opening? If it's not employees getting them, then these scalpers are quicker and more stealthy than the Foot Clan.

Ugh. Not putting up with this crap in the middle of a pandemic. If I find a set at retail price down the line, fine. No more special trips.

Thats crazy!

Either the in-store inventory count on the Wal-Mart site is incorrect or an employee at my local store is buying these before the customers get a crack at them. I looked at the site yesterday morning and the 2-pack showed as "Out of Stock" everywhere near me. I checked again last evening and it said "Only 1 left!" at the nearest location. I almost headed out the door before realizing the store had just closed and wouldn't be open again until 7 AM. So I woke up early this morning and got there just as the doors opened. I made sure to double check the site again and it still showed one set remained in the store.

I made my way to the electronics department, but the only trace of the 2-pack was a $49.96 shelf tag under an empty space. I looked around everywhere, thinking someone had hidden it. No dice. I even scoured the toy department to be extra thorough. Still nothing. I checked the website again (as I had less than ten minutes earlier) and it now showed "Out of Stock" at this store. Same for every other Wal-Mart within a thirty mile radius that had shown "In Stock" this morning. All gone within ten minutes of the stores opening? If it's not employees getting them, then these scalpers are quicker and more stealthy than the Foot Clan.

Ugh. Not putting up with this crap in the middle of a pandemic. If I find a set at retail price down the line, fine. No more special trips.

Inventory numbers are always estimates, at best. You can't rely on them much - especially with Walmart. And don't put up with this during a pandemic. People's attention may be slowly diverting elsewhere, but the virus is still actively spreading.

My stance on NECA's exclusives is that I'll never let myself be coaxed into thinking they're anything I 'have to have'. If I find one while I'm out, great. I'm not going to try and actively collect them, though. Collecting toys should be an enjoyable diversion, not a stressful one.

I will never understand the economics of stores ordering enough of an exclusive to make it financially feasible for a manufacturer to produce it, yet at the same time, that same exclusive being so hard to find.

The only possible explanation is that either NECA or the retailer are forgoing profit to get people in the store. But really, are you going to take a loss leader on action figures for adult collectors? Why not a BluRay or some other item with more mass-market appeal?

I must just not get it, because I'm sitting here not being the toy buyer for Wal-Mart or Target.

don't worry they will reuse the same mold for different versions like the Turtles, Footy Shreddar etc so eventually they make profit. i doubt Walmart has anything to do with cost they just pay Neca bulk price and sell at a profit. Neca probably wanted more exposure and Walmart/SDCC/Gamestop is the only route.

No luck finding the Casey Jones/Raphael two pack at my local store. I’ve checked twice this week. I’m sure it’ll be another of those sets that’s impossible to find.

Found Casey/Ralph today but just about every store 15 of em is sold out otherwise. Thanks for the brickseek link :)

Anyone know if they are rereleasing the 7" Shredder again? Missed out on him and the foot soldiers.

the way neca talked about the movie figures they said they will release them again at walmart in two pack exclusives

I dont think this will be the last time we see Casey by Neca. This series appears to be selling well for them.

Good, an exclusive I don’t really care about tracking down. No real attachment to the Out of Their Shells tour.

Its a cute idea, and I loved that stupid thing as a kid, watched the VHS until it fell apart and saw the live show, but this is just too silly and goofy for me to want.

Glad to not have to pay some scalper for it.

Give me April from the movies and more cartoon characters and I'm good.

They do but I?m not that much of a fan to get them. I like the turtles but damn this show was stupid. I only saw bits and pieces of it. Should of did the 03 turtles

Its a cute idea, and I loved that stupid thing as a kid, watched the VHS until it fell apart and saw the live show, but this is just too silly and goofy for me to want.

Glad to not have to pay some scalper for it.

Give me April from the movies and more cartoon characters and I'm good.

April from TMNT 1 or even a Tatsu would be cool.

I?m sure I won?t find them in store and it?ll sell out in seconds online.

True, which is why I am thrilled it’s I do not feel the need to get it unlike Casey and the new toon TMNT. I really, really hate these store exclusives. Almost all the Walmarts in my area do not carry NECA and the whole brickseek website has been a mess and very inaccurate on the few that do. It was showing them in stock, out of stock and back in stock or limited stock almost every time you refreshed but the SKU and UPC codes kept coming up as not in stock in store’s device when they would search for it for me. Literally, I am staring at the website on my phone where it says 5-6 in stock and their machine is saying 0. I am just venting. It has been frustrating hobbling to Walmarts almost everyday on a torn ACL. At the end of all this it probably would have been cheaper to just pay the scalper prices. I really hope the toon ones are not this bad. I have been blessed with finding all of them in the wild so far.

Back