TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2n84dwz.jpg

Did these sell well enough to warrant another wave? I'm holding out for the live-action versions. My nostalgia meter will go supernova if/when they release photos.

they sold better than the ones from the new show.
They sold SO WELL that playmates has promised MORE classics figures at NYCC.

No one knows what they will be. if the next wave will be Movie turtles, or badguys to go with the first wave, or other heroes. etc.

Hoping for
Shredder
Casey Jones
April
Splinter

...I'd even buy Venus if they made her.

I'd also like to see a first wave reissue.

STILL NEED MIKEY!

they sold better than the ones from the new show.
They sold SO WELL that playmates has promised MORE classics figures at NYCC.

No one knows what they will be. if the next wave will be Movie turtles, or badguys to go with the first wave, or other heroes. etc.

Hoping for
Shredder
Casey Jones
April
Splinter

...I'd even buy Venus if they made her.

I'd also like to see a first wave reissue.

STILL NEED MIKEY!

Playmates confirmed that they will continue the classics line?

I think that the next batch of classics will come from the mini series, or series 1 if you will. From what I can find out, it's the only series that playmates have a controlling stake in.
This is good tho, as it contained THE classic characters to begin with.

I think that the next batch of classics will come from the mini series, or series 1 if you will. From what I can find out, it's the only series that playmates have a controlling stake in.
This is good tho, as it contained THE classic characters to begin with.

Do what now? Can you be a little more clear about what you mean?

What is series 1? A TV show? A series of comics? A series of toys? What mini series? I wasn't aware of any TMNT mini series.

The original 5 epsodes that were commissioned to act as (basically) an ad for the toy line, back in 86.

ahh. that's what i thought you meant.

for the record, AFAIK playmates has the rights to EVERYTHING turtles now. they got pissed when neca made the comic turtles, and went after them legally because they thought they had ALL the rights. at the time, that was the only thing they didn't have.

just in! Classics Rock steady and bebop!!

For those of you who enjoyed the Ninja Turtles Classics figures from last year, more new figures on the way, specifically 2 new villains! Playmates Toys has updated their website with 2 new listings:
Ninja Turtles Classic Bebop
Ninja Turtles Classic Rocksteady

Of course with these 2 on the way, there is one main guy missing, Shredder! Will a Classic Shredder be unveiled at Toy Fair 2013? Stay tuned!

Casey Jones and Splinter would be great too!

Update: Playmates has confirmed for us that wave 2 will only include the two figures of Rocksteady and Bebop, so I guess we will have to wait a little longer for Shredder and any others. Playmates also confirmed for us that we will get a look at both Rocksteady and Bebop at Toy Fair next month, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
As long as they do alternate variations of the turtles aswell im all good. Ive been waiting for quality figures from the first movie for ages.

yes! my two favorite TMNT characters :D

I really hope they based Rocksteady on the cartoon look and not based on the original figure. There actually hasn't been an accurate Rocksteady figure as of yet.

I've been working on my own Rocksteady figure in case they never make him lol :D looks like I don't have to worry about that for now...

theokanrocksteady.jpg

-

Last edited:
Judging by the set of four cassis, I'd say the new 2 will be based on the toon.

Back