TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disappointed with the classic movie figures. They lack detail, texture, and the heads look too shiny and plastic. The old movie figures from 20 years ago had more texture, these are still better looking, but they should be superior in every way and unfortunately, Playmates is dropping the ball with the line. I'm going wait for the final product to see how they look, but right now, the thing that bothers me the most is how glossy the head sculpts look, even glossier than the cartoon versions. They could use some spots on the head, and the bandanas could be dirty looking, but maybe I'm asking too much from playmates.

I don't have the classics, the "movie" ones definitely remind me of them more than the actual film turtles but the nostalgia is too hard to pass them up. Not sure on these Bay Turtles and can you imagine if HT did the 1990s film Turtles? That'd be fantastic! Unfortunately we'd probably end up with the Bay ones. :(

I'm not interested in HT turtles figures, not unless they use hard plastic like the predators. I don't like the rubber material. I have the cartoon versions and there's definitely a difference, and I do like the bodies and the paint of the 90's movie figures, but the heads just look too glossy. Hopefully, they final product will look better.

Did anyone find any sneak pics of the Lego TMNT movie figures/sets?

There was only 1 pic I saw. It was a terrible angle but of the Big Rig Truck Chase set. Basically it's an 18 wheeler with an S on it that opens from the side and has a sort of lab inside of it. You could only make out one turtle from behind. It also comes with a little black pickup that has a foot soldier and Karai in the back of the truck firing a big mounted gun.

This also turned up out of nowhere recently on the TRU store page. I think the set itself is fantastic but would have liked a Splinter minifig with it.

Anyone know when the TMNT 1990 movie figures are suppose to be released?

Spring 2013 is when they are supposed to come out.

Also take a look at this

Toy-Fair-2014-Jakks-Pacific-004.jpg

I dont know about you guys but if jakks is making all four turtles in big sizes then that would be a dream. ALso that definatly isnt as big as the actual figure is.

So, back to the show briefly. I'm having a hard time finding places to watch episodes of the show in order but OnDemand I've been catching up to the past few episodes. I've seen "I, Monster", "It Came from the Depths", "The New Girl", "The Pulvarizer", among some other ones. Some are very good so I'm glad Deckard turned me onto it. Just watched "The Good, the Bad, and Casey Jones" last night and enjoyed it, but I think it bothered me that immediately Casey Jones can stand toe-to-toe with Raphael. Without even any guidance form Splinter.

Spring 2013 is when they are supposed to come out.

Also take a look at this

View attachment 94448

I dont know about you guys but if jakks is making all four turtles in big sizes then that would be a dream. ALso that definatly isnt as big as the actual figure is.

Does anyone know if this was actually announced as a product? I figured it was just a promo piece to draw the eye, but not coming for sale. If it was I would be TOTALLY down.

I kind of hate them being all red because Raphael was always my least favourite turtle lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Got a Mikey and Donnie classic figure today. They really are great figures. Only frustration is that the shoulder joints are stuck something awful. Anyone have any tips on how to get them loosened up? I am terrified that I am gonna jack up the arms.

Use a hairdryer or soak them in hot water for a bit. Hair dryer should be fine though.

Back