TMNT Donatello Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this bump made me order Shredder on sale but I'm still craving the $ Turtles in EX.... can't see myself forking $2k tough :(
I cant find him on the site, is Shredder sold out? Or is it just something funky with the site right now.

Ok... Update: Wow, I actually got it. :banana Took me hours and hours to shave off inside to get it to fit. And not just inside the pin, where the molding fits in too.

What is left on the table, isn't even close to all the shavings that I had to get. Probably about 4 hours worth. I was able to bend the pin, but that wasn't the only problem. The pin's placement inside the hand was off a little bit. So even just bending it wasn't enough to get it to slide in right. So I used some computer screw drivers that were perfect size to get in the pin whole, where I shaved it down to get it in. It was a very slow process. I kept thinking if I just got the pin perfect, i'd be able to push it in. Well that wasn't possible, and my blisters on my fingers can prove that. (I know i could have probably drilled it out. But I don't have a drill with bits that size, and I didn't feel comfortable drilling my new, expensive prized possession.)

As you can see, it still isn't perfect.

But I think it is as good as I'll be able to get it with the way the pin is in it. Which is works for me.

Welcome to the collection Donatello!

It's already been said, but great job! I'm glad to hear that everything worked out.

Thanks for reviving the thread. Congrats mate, that right there is true dedication. :clap

Donny is also my favorite piece. Got it really cheap, secondhand many years ago. Was a reg and the seller repainted the bandana, luckily he did a fine job (well atleast in my eyes). Also had the other 3, but sold them off as this one was simply better.

The only piece I have of this license or 1/5 scale whatsoever and although it is hardly the most intricate or expensive piece I own, I will always keep it.

Hi guys. I know this thread has gone dead, but Im looking to complete my set and all I need is that Donny Ex. (I know, I know). Im a total mark and willing to pay market value, so if you're willing to part with yours, Im willing to pay. Needs to have no damage. Also, I may be willing to pay more, but I'm not an idiot. Be fair and you'll make some $$$.

There's probably only like 300 some pieces left of this after its initial release, and years of people passing this around, selling him and breakage occurring. Could be less than 300 even.

Good luck buddy. He is hard to track down now

Got him w/ a couple cracks in the bandanas for a fair price. Getting him repaired by Rafael Robledo after seeing some of his YouTube repairs and customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got him w/ a couple cracks in the bandanas for a fair price. Getting him repaired by Rafael Robledo after seeing some of his YouTube repairs and customs.

Congratssss

Thanks. Considering one just sold for almost $1200 on eBay, l think I did really well. I'm not planning on selling anytime soon so the fact it's been repaired doesn't bother me at all.

Good job Mike! Congrats on completing the set...

Thanks so much! Super grateful to a few Freaks who let their individual pieces go at reasonable prices. I was broke and living in an apartment when these originally were released, so unfortunately I had to pay the aftermarket premium when the time was right for me. I got a serious education on scraping the internet in my search for Donny. I randomly found an old post on the Technodrome forums about a guy considering selling his collection & that got the ball rolling. Crazy stuff but it was a fun hunt.

Same here... I got my Donny for a very reasonable price from member here too :). Part of the fun is hunting for the missing piece. Took me almost 2 yr to get Donny

Same here... I got my Donny for a very reasonable price from member here too :). Part of the fun is hunting for the missing piece. Took me almost 2 yr to get Donny

Wow! I can't complain at all. From start to finish i got them all individually in less than 2 months and I paid under what I expected at this point for all exclusives. Very pleased. Also, no eBay :clap

31ce305b5b33f36e87c378897f66075f.jpg
. The brothers have been united.

Back