TMNT Donatello Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received my exclusive after missing him yesterday and waiting the entire day today for delivery. Very impressed and so happy I decided to keep the turtles.

Some observations, interesting side notes, and maybe a question too:

Super impressed with the detail, color scheme, packaging, the entire presentation, including the price. Compared to the Aliens maquette I have on the way, this is a no brainer. Four turtles at this size for the same price? Absolutely!

Only thing I noticed that might be a problem was speckles on the tops of both of his shoulders. But that might be normal. You guys all have these three or four specks on top of the shoulders?

Oh yeah, and no comic for me! Damn, I wanted a free comic.

Overall, absolutely awesome and one of my favorite pickups from Sideshow in forever. Can't wait to see all four together!
And man oh man, I hope I don't miss Leo! They will tease him ahead of time, right?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Could not agree more with what you said :)

This is seriously an awesome piece! Cant wait for the others!

As for the speckles on the shoulders....mine has little bumps on his, tiny speckled bumps clumped together in threes. They are painted green.

I think they are normal....if these are the ones you are referring to.

As for the speckles on the shoulders....mine has little bumps on his, tiny speckled bumps clumped together in threes. They are painted green.

I think they are normal....if these are the ones you are referring to.

Thanks! I thought I was being overly picky, but he definitely should have that texture. I just noticed them there more than any other place. Thanks again for the confirmation. I wonder if anybody else received a free comic book besides tomandshell...

Came back up to the office to check out Donny one more time before I start my late horror movie fix. Later all you turtle heads!

I Got the Donatello EX. on the way. I can't wait to get all four turtles. TMNT was one of my favorites when growing up.

These have been great placeholders though. I can't say enough about the neca set.

IMG_1485.jpg

There's not much I can say about the neca set.

Monday is the day for me! Can't wait to see what this bad boy looks like it person!

Looking at the pics only, I think Sideshow hit this one out of the park. If they all come out this good, it will be an incredible setup. I get mine next week. I will try to add some photos to the thread.

I also have this nagging feeling, that Don will be the most sought after in a few years. :bow

Thanks! I thought I was being overly picky, but he definitely should have that texture. I just noticed them there more than any other place. Thanks again for the confirmation. I wonder if anybody else received a free comic book besides tomandshell...

Came back up to the office to check out Donny one more time before I start my late horror movie fix. Later all you turtle heads!

nice! yeah I guess the bumps are supposed to be there. part of his turtley skin texture.......yes I just said turtley, lol
I kinda freaked out myself when I first saw them too - thought they were a defect. Glad we were able to mutually reassure each other!

Oh and the comic....I actually got one too :)
Im surprised its a random thing for some. Figured when I got it that everyone got one with the order.

What movie you watchin?

Return of the Living Dead... :D

back to turtle talk! I really can't wait to have at least two now, come on Ralph, get here early in second quarter.

I can't wait to get mine TMRW :)

I am going to post pics.

Why no new pics??????? kinda like the Power Loader...strange.

Sorry to those who are having to resort to eBay to get one at almost twice the price. But you can't have mine!

I wish I had a picture of my son's face when I showed it to him last week. It's going to be a lot of fun building my set of four.

I'm gonna have to peek at this on my lunch at work.

For now here's a few I took this morning:

Not a bad number, but don't care anyway. That's a LOW run! Feel very lucky to have gotten one on the waitlist!
001.jpg

Appropriately shipped via UPS "GREEN" Hahah!
002.jpg

He-Man is very envious of the box size.
003.jpg

Back