tips on replacing a broken polystome statue's finger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaCHw117

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys, just noticed that my GG animaquette Han Solo is missing a finger. :( i don't know how long it's been like this (guessing since the last time i've dusted), but i've been carpet surfing for about an hour to find his missing phalange and no luck. :lol

if i wanted to go about repairing this myself what would i do? would something like apoxie work if i wanted to just repair it myself?

thanks in advance. :duff

Honestly if it was me I'd give it a shot fixing it myself with some Sculpty or a similar type material. Shouldn't be that hard in such a small piece to make something that looks like the finger or pretty darn close. Then you could apply some pressure on it were it broke... would make a pretty clean imprint of where the break is. Let it cure for a day and see how well it matches up to the area where it broke. If it looks good touch it up with some acrylic paint and a dot of super glue and you should be all set. Worst case if it looks like crap, throw it all away but at least you know now on your own!

@pro this is what i think i'm going to do. can you recommend a good sculpty? new to this but i've used apoxie before. will that work? :duff

Aves epoxy sculpt is what I use..hands down the best to work and most durable.

Does he do custom repairs and what is his contact info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back