Tip for eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm on the planet Bizarro reading this thread. I'm with Taibhse, why is everyone so negative on the OP? He clearly got stiffed by two sellers, end of story. Thankfully both offered a refund, but it sucks that the OP is losing on foreign exchange due to credit card funding (most cards are the same in this respect).

That I can understand Pixel. I am always leery of overseas sales because of the issues with communication. It does suck that he has lost out due to the exchange, but thats going to happen if I'm understanding right. I don't get why the one seller in his case only refunded part of his money. That seems off.

There are 2 options:

1.Set up a paypal dispute with the attached message, you will get your refund, and you will get to leave a -ve feedback, make sure you write clearly that seller backed out an auction deal because it's too low to warn other buyers.

2.Seller sends a full paypal refund, and sends a request to cancel the deal, you can either accept or reject, rejecting will probably bring you to a dispute which does nothing much other than canceling the deal.

or

3.Just leave it as it is and wait for 2 months.

Remember each time Manhunto makes a payment for an overseas purchase, he pays a currency exchange charge which does not get refunded.. so Manhunto is taking a hit each time that happens.. regarding the other transaction, Shady's initial refund to Manhunto was $45 short because Shady 'didn't have the money'.. plenty of other Forum members would not have been very happy about that reasoning, if they had been the buyer.

Manhunto appears to be a new collector, and he is asking for advice on issues we happen to already know the answers to, simply because of past experience, either directly or having read about similar cases on this forum.. . So, not sure why he is taking so much flak, apart from the fact he is using translation software and doesn't live in the USA?

You see, many collectors see the hobby of collecting toys (a.k.a "high end collectibles") as a premium, expensive & holy hobby, so it's not a surprise that an elite will side with another elite instead of a "shady newbee".

In a legal chase in real world, if the said item is rare & expensive, he could have claimed the compensation for loss of opportunity to make another purchase because he was committed to this deal & the seller backs out without a good reason. Probably won't work on a $100 deal but when it's between a company and another with millions at stake, anything is possible.

That I can understand Pixel. I am always leery of overseas sales because of the issues with communication. It does suck that he has lost out due to the exchange, but thats going to happen if I'm understanding right. I don't get why the one seller in his case only refunded part of his money. That seems off.

Partial because the seller did not have sufficient fund to do a full refund, but seller has since promised he will refund the rest. Would have solved the case if the seller mentioned that he will refund the balance in his 1st reply instead of after 100 posts? I don't understand how hard can it be for the seller to write simple & clear english. Also the seller could have used a nicer tone in replying, instead of apologizing that he was not comfortable with the deal, the seller posted like he is accusing the buyer as a scammer and no big deal here i give you a full refund (which was partial) so you lose nothing.

5e8.jpg

Back