Time to talk about MY epiphany!! We are very lucky indeed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Ah L4P- Danny wrote SSF not SSW... :whip

I still think Dave collects dolls!
Not just dolls with pretty outfits but Barffy ones, at that! :puke
*hi dave :wave *

Of course TC would like the Waltons... isn't there a toothless drooler on that show?!

JK TC :poke
1.gif

TWK -- good points made. I myself came to these boards specifically because of the interaction that we had with Sideshow. I would hate to lose that special connection with them because of our inability to voice ourselves in a civil manner. In our passion for our toys, we forget sometimes that there is a vast difference between criticism and critique. And the great irony is that the great majority of us are intelligent and mature adults who know that difference.

Re: Time to talk about MY epiphany!! We are very lucky indee

Hmmm....

Uhhhhh....

Excuse me... wrong door I believe. I'll just back out quitely now...

Danny... :rock :rock :rock

At SDCC, I noticed that Sideshow take the SSF boards very very serious! I wouldnt of believed it until I saw it, and trust me, I saw it, had conversations with them etc etc. They read what we type, even if they dont respond, they know. We have suggestions, opinions, complaints, trust me, they read them alright!

That is excellent that SSW reads what everyone writes. I have said what I think (can be positive or negative) but I appreciate they are listening. One time I called SSW, and the person said, "Ohh, you ARE David!" Must have made an impression.

Now, bring on Pippin Fellowship Statue and Faramir Statue and Denethor Bust SSW!!!!!!!!!

:ted

Re: boys wiith toys

Your line is dead. Dolls still live. Go dolls go. :rock2

When I look back at a post I made ages ago, half the time I'm just plain embarrassed. So whoever it is that keeps dragging up those old threads, stop it. I thought the ezboard disaster of 2005 had taken care of those ancient posts, but no. Like a goanna bite, it comes back to haunt me.

It would be boring if we didn't show some emotion, but that it has to be flames and slinging is even more boring. More than boring it's pitiful, and reminds me that the cave was not relinquished all that long ago. To say we should have learnt to be polite in our youth was the norm for us older freaks. We learnt quick. A good belting and some discipline had its effect, in those days. The learning curve was steep. The consequences for such behaviour now, is a lock, and those involved laugh or just don't get it. I can't tell the difference between a repetitive cretin and an intellectual dipstick. Is there a difference?

Negativity needs to be balanced out with positivity. Negativity shouldn't be thought of as bad either. It is good to vent how disappointed you are because of a circumstance you may find yourself in. The good people here can sympathise, empathise and, because a similar thing has likely happened to others, some good advice can gleaned. A positive result may ensue. Sometimes the same arguments are new to others, and they can learn something from it.

That Sideshow have the forsight to ignore most of it is because they know what we don't and can't say. How frustrating it all is. How they must laugh at some of the assumptions and conclusions we come up with. At least we have an outlet for our frustrations.

To address Danny's more personally, we are all hypercrits, and some are hypocrits, but that is another story. Our opinions change as we become more informed, nothing wrong with it. What some perceive as personal attacks, are sometimes because relationships are good between two people that like to share an in-joke, or are having a friendly tease. That may not always be obvious. I don't know what an epiphany is, but it sounds religious and I don't like that, so in future have a revelation will ya. :rock :rock :rock

And with the mention of D***k, is this where I pop up in the thread?

Epiphany:

1.) A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
2.) A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization:

1. Epiphany
1. A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
2. January 6, on which this feast is traditionally observed.
2. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
1. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
2. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself” (Frank Maier).

Hey Danny, I stand by what I said, it was a sudden revelation I had at the time. :p Let's not dwell any further, your point has been made and taken on board. You were moved and that can be a spiritual experience. I dig it, I really dig it.

:rock

Well I wouldnt say spirtually, but a sudden realization. :rock

Back